Cutting underbelly to dry out subfloor

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
Dogtracker

Re: Cutting underbelly to dry out subfloor

Post by Dogtracker » August 26th, 2019, 4:46 pm

We cut the soft underbelly on our AR-one, removed insulation and used fans to dry up underneath and inside after removing some of the floor. Taken a week or two of drying. Now we hardened the wood and we'll be painting, adding insulation and taping the underbelly. Then working on inside. It will never dry unless you open it and remove the soggy insulation. Big job but doable.

Vionykak

Post by Vionykak » February 4th, 2019, 10:20 pm

i need the same help i did the allow program to go through the firewall thing but starcraft wasnt listed as a program can you help me?

cattzap

Re: Cutting underbelly to dry out subfloor

Post by cattzap » June 1st, 2018, 11:01 am

If your talking about the hard plastic layer,it can be unscrewed. If your talking about the soft type, yes you can cut it. You can replace it too. And all of the insulation. You may have to use a different process to reinstall the covering than the factory did, but it's no big deal. If I were in your position, I would have already done that. Drying it out as soon as possible is the most important thing to do.

pawpaw

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » June 1st, 2018, 10:07 am

I think that's worth a try and I would do it. I'm just not sure it's going to completely dry the flooring. Good luck!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

kurzschluss

Post by kurzschluss » May 31st, 2018, 9:17 pm

Hi,

My Antigua took in some water Due to some big rainstorms and some leaks I wasn’t aware of. I think I sealed all of the leaks but there is a lot of water trapped underneath the linoleum And running the air conditioner or a dehumidifier hasn’t seemed to dry out the floor. It’s still reads high on my moisture meter.

Has anyone ever tried cutting the underbelly and putting a fan down there to dry out the subfloor? It seems like it would be easier than ripping out all of the linoleum but I Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Thanks!