new to us AR one 18 QB

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
penny

Re: new to us AR one 18 QB

Post by penny » November 9th, 2018, 1:09 am

yes, mostly they are very similar, especially the appliances and fixtures. This is the newest trailer we've ever had. we bought and sold and usually had to fix, a procession of older trailers. What I like about the AR one, is it seems to be pretty well built, especially the roof. I like that it is relatively light weight for it's size and maybe that's the big draw for us, it is narrower and lower than a lot of them. easy for our 2005 V6 four runner to tow. It's about the biggest trailer we would consider, and roomier and more affordable than the R pod/hummingbird trailers.

kuba122

Re: new to us AR one 18 QB

Post by kuba122 » November 8th, 2018, 1:53 pm

I never had any problems with my AR .... actually, that’s not quite true. I had problems with the TV antanna, found out the amplifier module was wired wrong, easy fix for me after I figured it out. We had a lot of water in the bottom, never figured out how it got in there. Drained, dried, sealed, never came back.

The caulk in the shower was really light .... redid that. The window sealant seemed to be going bad at the 2 year mark. Removed the old, redid it new.

I think that’s about it.

All of these TTs have minor issues that can get worse. I am a do it yourselfer with an electronics and construction background. If you notice anything address it right away. Youtube is a great resource for addressing problems. These TTs are the same basic frame/body across multiple manufacturers.

Most of all, ENJOY!!
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

penny

new to us AR one 18 QB

Post by penny » November 8th, 2018, 7:02 am

We have recently purchased a 2016 AR one 18QB. I really, really like this trailer. maybe since it is technically 2 years old, things that weren't right have been fixed. but to me, it is flawless. not any sign of being used at all, and in pristine condition.

Anyway, as I do with all things, I've been looking on the internet for information about our trailer. I find a few repetitious and sort of silly (and negative) reviews. Part of me believe that only discontents write reviews, so not sure why I care. Part of me wants to know if other Starcraft AR one owners have had problems.

If our 2 year old AR one has areas of potential problems, I"d like to be aware. Any advice?