Electrical problem. Looking for ideas

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
kuba122

Re: Electrical problem. Looking for ideas

Post by kuba122 » July 19th, 2020, 10:55 am

Lights and radio are 12V. Could be powered by the battery. Sounds like you have no 110V. Check Breakers. Could be where you are plugged in or inside the trailer.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Pudgybob84

Post by Pudgybob84 » July 17th, 2020, 3:01 pm

I seem to be having similar issues. I have the camper plugged into the house and a separate cord run for the ac. Everything has been working fine for a few days and this morning the fridge isn’t working along with no outlets or microwave. Only thing I see working right now is the lights and radio. Could this be a converter issue?

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 10th, 2019, 10:30 pm

What type of other appliance, lights, etc. besides the fridge and coffee maker are also pulling AC 120volts from the camp site power connection? Is something pulling AC power that you are unaware of? It wouldn't take much more to cause a drain and for your fridge to switch to LP gas. Just my thoughts.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » April 6th, 2019, 2:31 am

I would definitely take a look at the connection where the plug outside actually connects to the wiring, inside before I did anything else. Coffee makers pull a lot of current and problems show up when things are stressed. There isn't any conversion taking place .... 110 outside is 110 inside. The converter creates 12VDC
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Ed L.

Electrical problem. Looking for ideas

Post by Ed L. » April 5th, 2019, 3:47 am

Hi all.

We have a 2016 Ar-One Maxx 28 footer. The trailer has been plugged into house current over the winter. Mainly to keep the battery charged. We pulled into a camp spot a couple of days ago and immediately had electrical problems. Power at the site 30 amp outlet shows 122 volt with my multi meter. Battery has a full charge and everything in the cabin that runs on DC is functioning properly. Now the problem is on the AC side of things. I noticed when I plugged the coffee maker in the refrigerator switched from electric to propane. I went out to the power pole and checked the breakers and everything was fine. I reset the breakers at the distribution box in the camper and checked the voltage at the breakers I get a full 122 volts per my multi meter on all three breakers in the converter box. When I plugged a 120v tester into an outlet it shows 2 lights glowing indicating the outlet is functioning properly but in a moment or two the refrigerator will switch from electric to gas and the tester in the outlet will change to one light glowing indicating an open neutral. Once I remove the tester from the outlet the refrigerator will return to electric operation. At this time I can check the voltage at the breakers in the distribution box and the voltage will show 88v. Of course each outlet shows 88v as well. I imagine the converter has gone bad but before I order a new Distribution converter/inverter. I thought I'd ask if anyone has seen this in their travel trailer or have any other thoughts of what is going on. The converter/inverter is a standard WFCO WF-8735 P 35amp power converter/inverter.

Thanks,
Ed