Magnum Roof System

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
16WhiteColly

Re: Magnum Roof System

Post by 16WhiteColly » July 31st, 2020, 5:10 pm

I have a 2016 Starcraft, made by Jayco and customer service has been awesome, and I ask them for many things in the last 4 years. They have always helped and furnished me everything I need, within 2 days. The are great people.

camper79

Post by camper79 » January 26th, 2015, 1:19 am

I guess its one of those things that everybody has different opinions.

Thank you for sharing your experiences though.
2005 Comet 10RT

Old but functional!

Rickm

Post by Rickm » January 23rd, 2015, 11:08 pm

I have been on RV.net for many years now, and some of the things people say about other brands customer service is aweful, but than again, sometimes its how you come across to the people on the other end of the line. One should never get out of hand, rude, threatening when speaking to these people.....they don't build them, they are there to help. Always treat people the way u want to be treated.

mick

Post by mick » January 23rd, 2015, 2:47 pm

Always heard good things about the Jayco customer service.

I wonder how they compare to some of the other brands.

Rickm

Post by Rickm » January 23rd, 2015, 11:18 am

Nope, not at all .... Story number two, regarding my AR-one. Mine is a 2012, which I purchased back in the fall of 2013, after seeing one on the labor day weekend at the campground. Went on-line when we got home, and just so happens a local dealer had a left over 2012 15RB, and he gave us a good price on it. Used it a few times, and took it to them for some minor warranty issues at the end of October. Never got the trailer back till early spring. Waited over two months for two steel wheels that were rusting, I think they just forgot.... but oh well, free storage for the winter (lol). Now on the 2012, you only get one year warranty, so after using it this summer, we had some minor issues to deal with, but my warranty was expiring, and I still wanted to use it a few more times ..... so I contacted StarCraft by e-mail, nicely voicing my opinion regarding one year warranties, as Jayco has two already, and explained how my warranty was expiring, but I didn't buy a trailer to sit on the dealers lot again. Received a reply back from Kent, a Customer Service Rep.... asking me what my issues were. Being only minor, I told him I could replace the items, so he sent me the things I needed right to my home. The best thing is, two of the marker lamp lenses blew off coming home from last trip, and I tried to match them at local hardware/automotive store. No such luck, so that was one of the things I mentioned to him. Recv'd all the other items, no lenses. I e-mailed him back, thanking him for the incredible service, and mentioned the lenses ....his reply within no time at all was, they are sitting here on my desk, I am heading over to the post office right now with them to mail them to you! That folks is Customer Service .... it's the small things they do, that makes you confident in them, and their products!

camper79

Post by camper79 » January 23rd, 2015, 4:57 am

Do you think that starcraft will lose any of that customer service being that they moved the production to a different facility from where Jayco is currently produced?
2005 Comet 10RT

Old but functional!

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » January 23rd, 2015, 2:43 am

Wow great story. I'm glad tio hear about all the positive reviews regarding Jayco customer service. As a new owner, that's great news. And welcome to the forum!

Rickm

Post by Rickm » January 23rd, 2015, 1:12 am

Same roof .... just a new name.
Let me tell you about John McDonald in that video. John was on the Jayco Customer Service desk back in 1999 when I was having an issue with my '99 Jayco Litehawk. My Litehawk had water leak issues while it was still under warranty. If anyone is not familier with the LiteHawk, it was Jayco's lightweight that became the Kiwi when they added bunkends .... first hybrid on the market. John was on the phone when I called the Customer Service hotline, and after discussing the issue with him, he arranged to have my trailer picked up at the dealer it was at, brought back to the plant, and have the floor replaced, which had been damaged from water leaking at front window they believe. Repairs were done at plant, and when I got it home, some time later I noticed cracks in fiberglass on door side at bottom. Called him, he looked into it, called me back and said they must have tightened the body to the floor to tight, causing the cracks.... he was going to order a new door side, and send a truck to pick up my trailer at my home, and ship back to plant to replace. Cool. But when he called me a few weeks later to tell me it was in, I told him I was a little leary about replacing the entire side of the trailer.... kind of a concern don't u think? I asked him about buy back, and he said he would get back to me. That afternoon, the head of Jayco Customer service called me.... we talked about it, and she agreed, but asked that I allow them to fix the unit, and would not stop there until I was totally satisfied. I told that woman, with that kind of commitment from Jayco, that I would never buy anything but a Jayco product in the future... well, she never got to keep her promise, because I traded it in on a Jayflight, but I kept mine, I have never looked at, or purchased anything but a Jayco/StarCraft trailer since, and I have purchased 14... All because John McDonald took the time to fix my problems!

mick

Post by mick » January 19th, 2015, 1:30 am

Good info.

almabee

Post by almabee » January 18th, 2015, 11:54 pm

Starcraft just Started calling it that this year, why I don't know, maybe to give Jayco an edge?? It was called a "crowned truss roof" on ours. If the roof is "arched" somewhat, it's the magnum roof, if it's flat then it's not.
2013 Starcraft Travel Star 229TB
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L/3.73