Gas/electric refrigerator

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
Fundamental

Re: Gas/electric refrigerator

Post by Fundamental » September 11th, 2020, 9:45 pm

kuba122 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 11:57 am
In my trailer, you just set it to "auto" and unplug. You can feel the heat from the flame at the exhaust panel behind the fridge on the outside of your trailer.

I have heard both good and bad. I have heard no one ever has a problem. I have also heard it can cause a fire. My day job is in the fire detection and safety industry and I am honestly scared of an open flame, anywhere. I use mine very rarely and only when boondocking. In my head wind adds another dimension to an open flame. Because of that, I would never use it running down the highway.

A few frozen water bottles keeps the fridge cold. We don't use the freezer much except to freeze water bottles.
Thanks 👍 good information!
:D

kuba122

Re: Gas/electric refrigerator

Post by kuba122 » September 11th, 2020, 11:57 am

In my trailer, you just set it to "auto" and unplug. You can feel the heat from the flame at the exhaust panel behind the fridge on the outside of your trailer.

I have heard both good and bad. I have heard no one ever has a problem. I have also heard it can cause a fire. My day job is in the fire detection and safety industry and I am honestly scared of an open flame, anywhere. I use mine very rarely and only when boondocking. In my head wind adds another dimension to an open flame. Because of that, I would never use it running down the highway.

A few frozen water bottles keeps the fridge cold. We don't use the freezer much except to freeze water bottles.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Fundamental

Gas/electric refrigerator

Post by Fundamental » September 6th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Does anyone know the procedure for running gas on refrigerator in a StarCraft AR one 15 RB? I can't tell if it even works and is it a good idea to run refrigerator in gas mode while driving down the road?
Any input would be greatly appreciated 😊 thanks
:D