Show-off your AR-One

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
jcarlilesiu

Re: Re:

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 9th, 2015, 1:27 am

heebzman wrote:
jcarlilesiu wrote:Nice trailer! Is that a hybrid?
Its a 2012 AR-ONE 15RB, it has a back pop out for the bed. Been tent camping and pop up camping for 25 years and absolutely love the ar-one !!
Very nice looking camper.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

heebzman

Re:

Post by heebzman » May 9th, 2015, 1:25 am

jcarlilesiu wrote:Nice trailer! Is that a hybrid?
Its a 2012 AR-ONE 15RB, it has a back pop out for the bed. Been tent camping and pop up camping for 25 years and absolutely love the ar-one !!

eriecamper

Re: Show-off your AR-One

Post by eriecamper » May 7th, 2015, 1:42 pm

Hoping to get out for our first weekend tomorrow. Finally got some good weather, and hopefully for good. Looking forward to see how the seasonal thing works out.
Camper 1.jpg
Camper 1.jpg (208.5 KiB) Viewed 16949 times
2015 Starcraft AR-One Maxx 27BHS
2007 Silverado 6.0L

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » May 7th, 2015, 2:48 am

Nice trailer! Is that a hybrid?

max2bob

Post by max2bob » May 6th, 2015, 12:39 pm

nice trailer! welcome to the forum. sometimes we just sneek away for one night just to get away.
2000 dodge 2500, 2015 starcraft 14rb ar-one, 2013 jayco eagle 257rbs

heebzman

Post by heebzman » May 5th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Hey new group !!

Got my trailer out of storage Saturday, dropped it off at Roskopfs RV for some maintenance and new tires. All set for a camp trip if my schedule ever eases up. I do have a trip planned for middle of June but might try and sneak away for a couple of trips before then. My gosh is my trailer filthy... needs a good wash and wax...hopefully this weekend.

max2bob

Post by max2bob » February 17th, 2015, 7:20 pm

inside the park I would camp anywhere in a tent. it is outside the park in that one particular area where the grizzly removed the sleeping camper from his tent and then partially consumed him. also the area around cooke city is where another unfortunate individual got drug out of his tent and was also eaten. we still have a tent and use it in all areas except the above two. hope that helps>

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 17th, 2015, 5:20 pm

max2bob wrote:fishing bridge used to have restrictions along time ago; not sure about that now though. all the other campgrounds in Yellowstone allows tents and everything beyond. would not recommend cooking bacon inside just before bedtime though. the national forest campground outside of Yellowstone was restricted to hardsided campers for the longest time but they lifted that ban a few years ago. some grizzly bear had dragged a camper out of his tent and partially eaten the poor fellow. would not catch me in a tent there in a million years! having a tow vehicle you feel confident in is a really good thing especially when you get out here in the mountains. you will enjoy Yellowstone once you get out here, it is beautiful.
Great information.

So you don't advise camping anywhere in Yellowstone with a hybrid? Or to rephrase, you wouldn't do it?

max2bob

Post by max2bob » February 16th, 2015, 5:15 pm

fishing bridge used to have restrictions along time ago; not sure about that now though. all the other campgrounds in Yellowstone allows tents and everything beyond. would not recommend cooking bacon inside just before bedtime though. the national forest campground outside of Yellowstone was restricted to hardsided campers for the longest time but they lifted that ban a few years ago. some grizzly bear had dragged a camper out of his tent and partially eaten the poor fellow. would not catch me in a tent there in a million years! having a tow vehicle you feel confident in is a really good thing especially when you get out here in the mountains. you will enjoy Yellowstone once you get out here, it is beautiful.

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » February 16th, 2015, 2:11 pm

max2bob wrote:if you ever come out this way there is a nice place called grizzly discovery center that is really nice. they have bears and wolves and raptors. it is very informative and very educational, even for me! it is in west Yellowstone Montana.
We want to get out to Yellowstone SO BAD!

I need a better TV.

We stay local now, because the care we have, though under the manufacturers rating, doesn't lend very much confidence.

I am waiting to get my wife's care paid off, then I want a BMW X5 diesel. I can't wait, then YELLOWSTONE!

Are hybrids allowed in Yellowstone consider the tent sides?