Bathroom tub and walls

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
kuba122

Re: Bathroom tub and walls

Post by kuba122 » October 13th, 2020, 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum!!

I can't imagine not having waterproof walls .... not entirely sure you are telling us this is the case, either.

A fairly simple solution might be to go to your local building supply and buy some FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) and use that to create shower walls. FRP is used in wet environments where water is sprayed around, like restaurants and commercial restrooms. It can be scored with a knife and snapped or cut with a saw, using the right blade. Use silicone or caulk to glue it up and caulk the corners. Pretty easy shower surround. 4X8 sheet is about 35 dollars.

You could also contact RV bath fixture manufacturers like lippert and find some more information.
Good luck! Let us know if we can help further!!

https://store.lci1.com/shop-by-departme ... ounds.html
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

chisum98

Bathroom tub and walls

Post by chisum98 » October 11th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Hello everyone! I am brand new, not only to Starcrafts but travel travelers in general. We had our first maiden camping trip this weekend in our new to us 2012 AR One 15 RB. I had a question regarding the tub and bathroom walls. After my wife took her shower we noticed water running over the edge of the tub. Upon inspection it looks like there is no lips to keep water from rolling right over the edge. Is this normal and if so how do we stop it?

We also noticed the walls around the tub are the same as the rest of the walls in the camper. The more we talked about it the more we thought there should be some type of insert to cover the walls from water. I have looked at so pictures on RV trader of other units and it looks like they have tub inserts but the oldest one I could find was a 2014. Any insight about these issues would be appreciated. Thanks!