Black and Grey Water Tank Upgrade?

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
2-yota

Re: Black and Grey Water Tank Upgrade?

Post by 2-yota » October 21st, 2021, 10:43 pm

My waste tanks are exactly the same as yours (9 & 15 gal). Coincidentally, we're on the same line of thought. I've been thinking about the possibility of upgrading my tanks as well. In particular, the black tank. With the current 9 gallon tank, I'm able to get about 4-5 days with 2 adults and 2 kids using it full time. I've pushed it to 6 days but the levels were getting scarier than watching a scary movie. Looking underneath, there is space to put in a larger black tank. Some of the newer model years of my trailer actually came with larger waste tanks. Now, I know larger tanks will offset the weight that the trailer was originally designed for but at the same time, I know I never travel with my tanks full so it won't be a big deal for me (if I were to upgrade to larger size). It doesn't look hard to do (just a little dirty job). I'm still thinking about it ... whether I really want to tackle this project or just deal with my 4-5 day capacity limit before needing to go to the sani.

Dscan

Black and Grey Water Tank Upgrade?

Post by Dscan » October 21st, 2021, 3:09 pm

Has anyone upgraded their Black or Grey water tank to a larger size on their AR-ONE trailer? Is it even possible? Mine are 9 gal Black and 15 gal Grey.
2013 Starcraft AR-ONE 15RB