2016 AR-one water not staying hot

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
2-yota

Re: 2016 AR-one water not staying hot

Post by 2-yota » January 6th, 2022, 8:09 am

Glad to hear you found the issue.

The way I see it, for every problem you solve, that's one extra solution in the bank for a future trip. All the best!

mbreneisen

Post by mbreneisen » January 6th, 2022, 4:54 am

Thanks for the help. I found that my bypass valve was on bypass mode and my cold water valve was was shut off in to the water heater. I guess the water was filling up in the tank through the bypass valve and.from the top of the tank through the normal hot water outflow. Anyway it's fixed now....told you i was a new RV owner. :D

2-yota

Post by 2-yota » January 5th, 2022, 10:03 am

I would check to see if your hot water heater tank is completely filled full with water. Because with a full tank boiled up, you should get more than 10-20 seconds out of it.

And besides your pilot light, are the burners firing up on once you start using the hot water at the taps? I'm assuming you have a hot water heater and not an on-demand tankless system.

mbreneisen

2016 AR-one water not staying hot

Post by mbreneisen » January 3rd, 2022, 5:20 pm

I'm a brand new RV owner and we've never had one before.
We live in Florida and just have our RV set up at a local campsite to learn about it before we take it on a trip. The hot water isn't staying hot. The pilot light lights and stays on but the water will only stay hot for about 10-20 seconds. Is there a valve setup that mixes the hot/cold? I've also read about a dip valve. How would I check that? Any info or links to YouTube videos would be helpful.