Norcold fridge not staying lit

Discuss entry level campers offer a host of amenities at a low cost and are easily towed.
jcarlilesiu

Re: Norcold fridge not staying lit

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 29th, 2016, 4:10 pm

They show that a cover comes on the fridge to prevent this, but then tell you have to buy it?

Something sounds fishy.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

pacamoma

Post by pacamoma » April 26th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Found a schematic of our fridge. there is supposed to be a cover over the burner to help block the blowing wind. Called Norcold today and they said that cover is not included with the fridge. We have to purchase it. What?! Wouldn't that be something that would be needed in a camper/RV refrigerator? Oh well. Glad my husband is handy. If you are having this same problem with the propane blowing out when you are on the road, you may want to check and see if your fridge has the cover.

pacamoma

Post by pacamoma » April 25th, 2016, 11:56 pm

found out it is a Norcold. My husband made a small aluminum wall in front of pilot lite and it is doing fine now when stationary. Still blowing out when on the road. FYI: Starcraft is sending me a refund check for the $129 labor charge Camping World gave us.

tslarson

Re: Dometic fridge not staying lit

Post by tslarson » April 12th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Do you have a under counter fridge that you have to manually light from outside? What brand and model is it? I think Camping World needs to do a little more investigation. It could be anything from a bad propane regulator at the tank to a intermittent thermocouple on the fridge.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

pacamoma

Norcold fridge not staying lit

Post by pacamoma » April 12th, 2016, 2:25 am

Just took my AR-1 out on her first trip. Fridge lit easy and would stay lit for several hours and then go out. Took it in to Camping World and they said nothing was wrong with it..operator error. Wrong! I was doing everything correctly. Showed 2 techs exactly what I was doing. They said yes, correct. Got home today to see how it worked. Stayed on for 5 hrs and then shut off. Yes, we do have a slight breeze today. Any ideas or suggestions? She lites right back up.
Last edited by pacamoma on April 25th, 2016, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.