interior LED light bulb replacement

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
Natalie21

Re: interior LED light bulb replacement

Post by Natalie21 » May 17th, 2023, 3:04 am

Normally, RVs have 2 wires – black and white. So you should notice when replacing rv light bulbs. The black wire is usually the ground wire whereas the white one is for the power supply. This may not always be the case as the ground can be different.

Robert07

Post by Robert07 » August 28th, 2021, 1:45 pm

How to Change an RV Ceiling Light Bulb with a high-intensity or more energy-efficient light bulb. First, you should check your RV’s ceiling light casing. Then, rotate the ceiling light cover counterclockwise to expose the light housing. Remove the screws that secure the casing to the bracket. Pull out the light casing to expose the wiring. Take out the old light bulb, then install the new light bulb. If you have LED lights, you will have to check the wiring diagram to change the RV interior light bulbs. Test your lights by turning them on and off several times, noting their response and other characteristics.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » June 27th, 2018, 11:05 pm

uct wrote:
June 27th, 2018, 7:55 pm
Do a search for jayco led light recall may be the same lights
Yes, Jayco has a led light recall but it does not affect Starcraft RV's, at least in the recall notice. A loose solder could easily be the culprit since I don't see a way to remove the bulb to replace it. I'll check it more carefully when I get back up to the lake this Sunday. Thanks for the responses.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

uct

Post by uct » June 27th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Do a search for jayco led light recall may be the same lights
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

uct

Post by uct » June 27th, 2018, 7:45 pm

One of mine went out and it was the wire. One of them was not soldered good.
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

GaryG

interior LED light bulb replacement

Post by GaryG » June 27th, 2018, 2:02 pm

I have an interior LED bulb that just went out ( a bit surprised since I thought they would last for years!) and took off the cover and can't figure out how to replace it. It looks like it is soldered in! It does not look like it can just be removed and replaced with another one. There are four small screws holding in the entire bulb assembly. When I went to the RV store to buy a replacement the bulbs all have two contact prongs but the ones in my trailer do not have them, or I can't see them at all. It's a light just above the couch in the slide out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho