24 RLS Opinions? I am looking to buy

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
secal48

Re: 24 RLS Opinions? I am looking to buy

Post by secal48 » May 11th, 2016, 12:02 am

We just traded up from a hybrid trailer to the 24rls and ordered ours with the tri fold sofa option. It does seem to open up to a good sized bed but the first section furthest out is a little higher than the other two sections. I suppose if you sleep with your feet at the wall end it will be ok, but otherwise we will need to build it up a little. But we bought it for grandkids to sleep on so it should be good. Looking forward to our first trip this weekend.
2017 Launch 24RLS
2012 Dodge Durango

GaLobo

Post by GaLobo » May 3rd, 2016, 6:13 pm

The sofa bed is very poor quality our pet couldn't sleep on it. The Denver mattress is not much better, with that said we purchased a bed in the box standard queen that fit perfectly and sleeps great. We took the so called sofa bed out and replaced it with a quality wall hugger love seat and all is well. Plenty of cabinets and the pantry is large. Jayco has a similar model but we liked the color of the StarCraft.

moallen

Post by moallen » April 14th, 2016, 5:03 pm

My wife and I just spent 4 1/2 months in the 24rls we bought last spring. We think it's the perfect size and layout for a couple and their small dog. The only we thing we would do different is try to get the theater seats or dual recliners.

We've had a few minor issues with it but nothing that would keep us from buying the same exact model again. I would rate overall quality about average in the RV industry. In my experience the dealer is much more important than the manufacturer.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » April 12th, 2016, 1:26 pm

If we had to do it over again we'd get a trifold or sofa bed and not the jack knife. Leather would be nice to keep the dog hair to a minimum.

We did replace our bed with a store bought mattress then modified the bed frame to allow for the longer mattress and make under-the-bed storage easier. There is a thread here on that mod. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=633

Get interior LED bulbs if that is an option. They may be standard by now.

Get a rear view camera.

We love our TT for its size. Big enough for the 2 of us, small enough as not to be a hassle parking, or driving down the road.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

wordty

24 RLS Opinions? I am looking to buy

Post by wordty » April 12th, 2016, 2:03 am

Looking very seriously at an Ultra Lite Launce 24 RLS…we love the floor plan…I have read lots of info on this forum about the 24 RLS…I have two questions for you owners. 1) Having seen various couch configurations, is there one that makes a trifold bed or true sleeper sofa or just the jack knife and theater seat options? I need a good bed and have read that the one existing is junk…so is a fold out be available besides a jack knife? 2) What are your overall thoughts / opinions / frustrations with this model? Thanks…also, what should I expect to pay for a new one?