Sub flooring joist diagram for Starcraft Launch

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
GaryG

Re: Sub flooring joist diagram for Starcraft Launch

Post by GaryG » August 5th, 2016, 1:27 pm

Great, then I'm not alone in 'tinkering' on my RV. I just installed a lift strut on the rear bottom bunk so getting into the storage compartment is much more handy. I've also installed a grab cross bar on the screen door for added support and hooks and knobs in various places to just make the new trailer more convenient. I love hearing about what alterations or additions that people do to their RV's. It's a great sport and hobby.

I appreciated the note about the underbelly repairs. I'm still not ready to tackle opening it up to put shims between the flooring and the frame to eliminate the squeaks. I have to think about that awhile longer. LOL
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » August 4th, 2016, 10:31 pm

I bought a patch kit for the lining underneath and the glue is available at several places. I have this habit of running cables and installing things, so cutting into that liner is going to happen. I also found trapped water between the lining and the wood floor and cut it open to dry it out. The good news is, it is really easy to repair if you cut into it properly to begin with. There are a lot of youtube videos out there on this topic.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Zyriah

Post by Zyriah » August 4th, 2016, 8:55 pm

I'd be interested in what you ultimately decide, too.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » August 4th, 2016, 8:07 pm

I just received an email from Starcraft informing me that there are no floor joist, since the flooring is a solid laminated piece. They said to put shims between the flooring (where the squeaks are) and the floor support rails. They attached a pdf file of the floor diagram showing these rails. I guess the real job will be to remove the covering that encloses the entire bottom of the trailer (it has the Climate package and the entire floor is sealed). I have to think about that for awhile before I tackle that job. I may just have to live with the annoying squeaks! I just wanted to update you all on what I found out. Thanks for reading.

RoyBraddy

Post by RoyBraddy » August 4th, 2016, 2:32 am

Be sure to include your trailer VIN NUMBER. That will speed things up... JAYCO was always real good at this in the past... They would email a bunch of PDF build files for your trailer...

Roy Ken
Posts are IMHO based on experiences - PM me
CAPS does not mean I am SHOUTING
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » August 3rd, 2016, 11:25 pm

I asked for a measured diagram of the rear of my TT to install a ladder.

Had the PDF in my inbox in a few hours.

Mighty nice folks at Starcraft.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

GaryG

Post by GaryG » August 3rd, 2016, 8:42 pm

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it very much. I'll shoot them an email and see if they will send me one.

hlp

Post by hlp » August 3rd, 2016, 6:36 pm

I have e-mailed StarCraft on two or three different occasions and ask for diagrams of the walls and wiring on my trailer, they have always responded within a day or two and sent what I ask for.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7
2016 StarCraft Launch 26RLS

lagunamiata

Post by lagunamiata » August 3rd, 2016, 6:35 pm

I asked for one to try to find a TV wall mount location. They sent the PDF over within a day, so you shouldn't have any problem getting a diagram from them.

GaryG

Sub flooring joist diagram for Starcraft Launch

Post by GaryG » August 3rd, 2016, 1:28 pm

I'm trying to quiet a couple floor squeaks/creaks and am wondering if anyone has a sub floor joist diagram of these TT's? I'm the second owner so their is no warranty carry over. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, have you dealt with it with success? Mine are at the door entry and close to the kitchen. Once the floor is stepped on, they quiet down, but are still there.

I am wondering if Starcraft has a floor joist diagram that they would pdf me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :?: