trying to decide between a starcraft & Rpod PLEASE HELP

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
oldenuftoknowbetter

Re: trying to decide between a starcraft & Rpod PLEASE HELP

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » April 20th, 2017, 8:21 pm

I've had a Starcraft for a year now, and nothing is coming loose or falling off.
Some great deals are great deals.
The Starcraft I bought was several thousand dollars less than the Jayco equal (and had added features). You should go visit them again and let the trailer tell you if it is the right one. You'll know. Go with your gut.
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH

bigjewpapa

Post by bigjewpapa » April 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm

for some reason i just have a big fear that the starcraft is going to fall apart quicker than the Rpod. But this may just be me in my own head because the starcraft seems to be a great deal.

can anyone else chime and help me feel more comfortable about starcraft

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » April 15th, 2017, 4:06 pm

If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with the one with the terlit not in the shower.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 14th, 2017, 10:08 pm

It did not have a slide-out and by the time we got our grandkids in it, there was no room to move around. It did have the rear bunks that we liked and the front queen bedroom however. The build quality was poor.

The Starcraft has a small sofa slide out that makes all the difference and it has the front entry l-shaped kitchen that gives tons of floor space to work without having the dinette or sofa directly across from it. These were the biggest reasons.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

bigjewpapa

Post by bigjewpapa » April 14th, 2017, 6:24 pm

GaryG wrote:
April 12th, 2017, 11:38 pm
Well after purchasing a brand new Forrest River in Nov. of 2015 and then trading it in last July for my current 2016 Starcraft 26 BHS TT, hands down I'd go with the Starcraft. The build quality, the aluminum frame (not sure if the Forrest River has wood or aluminum), the warranty, the fact that it is new, alone are worth choosing it over the Forrest River. The larger bathroom alone would get my vote! Although it is owned by Jayco it is still built in the Starcraft factory. The Starcraft pulls easier and stays in the road better than the Forrest River I had although the Starcraft is even 500lbs heavier. I just feel like I have a more solid TT than the Forrest River.

Alot is left to personal opinion, but I guess that's what your after! LOL. Let us know what you decide. Welcome to the Starcraft Forum.
why did you trade your forest river in?

wasnt happy? or just wanted a bigger one?

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 12th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Well after purchasing a brand new Forrest River in Nov. of 2015 and then trading it in last July for my current 2016 Starcraft 26 BHS TT, hands down I'd go with the Starcraft. The build quality, the aluminum frame (not sure if the Forrest River has wood or aluminum), the warranty, the fact that it is new, alone are worth choosing it over the Forrest River. The larger bathroom alone would get my vote! Although it is owned by Jayco it is still built in the Starcraft factory. The Starcraft pulls easier and stays in the road better than the Forrest River I had although the Starcraft is even 500lbs heavier. I just feel like I have a more solid TT than the Forrest River.

Alot is left to personal opinion, but I guess that's what your after! LOL. Let us know what you decide. Welcome to the Starcraft Forum.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

bigjewpapa

trying to decide between a starcraft & Rpod PLEASE HELP

Post by bigjewpapa » April 12th, 2017, 9:40 pm

so i have been looking at these 2 brands

the forest river Rpod 2015 179 ($14,995)

http://rv.campingworld.com/rv/1403078

this is in great shape, and used ones are very hard to find. I have only seen 2 in the 1 year or more i have been looking. Biggest negative is the bathroom inside the shower.

the starcraft satellite 17rb 2017 ($15,500)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkkNGAMYis

I like the star craft because of the full bathroom, big storage areas, WIFI upgrade, and not to mention the 2 year warranty. Also it is brand new

these are the 2 TT i am looking at very hard. I just dont want to make a bad choice, and regret my purchase. I really would love some feedback on either of these 2 trailers. I want to purchase this week if possible. To me, both seem to be the same exact trailer, except the starcraft is brand new and has a full shower. why is it so cheap new? not built as well? fall apart quicker than the rpod? i would be buying a extended warranty with both anyway. i am pulling with a 2007 titan Nissan so that is no problem either way. is there something i am missing?

i was able to find that the rpod 180 2017 model sells in az for $18,464.00.
think i could talk them down about $1,000
basically thats $2000 more for a rpod 2017 compared to the starcraft

input would be awesome thank you!