Just bought a launch 19bhs. Disappointed so far....

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
Greenidge

Re: Just bought a launch 19bhs. Disappointed so far....

Post by Greenidge » May 14th, 2017, 9:02 am

GaryG wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 4:37 am
You bought new, paid for new, they should swap you damaged unit for the new one. I wouldn't settle for anything less than what you paid for. Get an attorney if you have to. As soon as you mention an attorney, things will go quickly in your favor. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.
You are right a customer deserves better than this.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » May 5th, 2017, 10:52 pm

How disappointing. I was hoping for better for you. Keep us posted.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

Ffyter

Post by Ffyter » May 5th, 2017, 2:33 am

Submitted a complaint to better business bureau today. Dealership fixed leak but refuses to make camper "like new" as described in warranty. Water staining and mold stain still visible. Dealership told me that it does affect resale value at all and that I shouldn't be compensated. I said I paid the price that I paid for the rv based on the fact that it wasn't damaged. I overpaid. I also called Starcraft and they agreed that staining on the wood is not "like new"as laid out in the warranty. Starcraft also told me that the dealership will have to absorb all repairs as they didn't note the water damage upon acceptance of the rv and it was also their responsibility to maintain seals and caulking every 6 months which they didn't do. Butyl tape had a gap and that where water was coming in. We will see how this plays out. The dealership has an A+ rating and only two minor complaints thus far on the bbb site. Pics are after the fix which is basically the same as before. U can clearly see the reach of the water stain and still see green of the mold.
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (105.51 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (59.82 KiB) Viewed 2046 times

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » April 23rd, 2017, 11:51 am

There was also a recall on the front window seperating from the skin and leaking - on some models. I'm so sorry to hear stories like this. I do hope it all works out in your favor.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 23rd, 2017, 4:37 am

You bought new, paid for new, they should swap you damaged unit for the new one. I wouldn't settle for anything less than what you paid for. Get an attorney if you have to. As soon as you mention an attorney, things will go quickly in your favor. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

Ffyter

Post by Ffyter » April 23rd, 2017, 12:52 am

Update 1
I went to the dealership yesterday and told the salesman that I wanted to swap for the other identical unit on the lot. I was brought to speak with the sales manager. I told her that I wanted to swap out because I was sold a coach that was sold as new but was damaged on their lot prior to me taking it. She told me that I didn't want to do that because it was a hastle. A hassle for them is more like it as they wouldn't be able to sell my current unit as new anymore. She told me that they will fix things to my satisfaction even if jayco doesn't cover it all as well as compensate me. Hmmm sounds too good to be true but I will hear something this week. I demanded every piece of interior that has noticeable water damage be completely replaced and the moldy areas not just painted over with kilz but actually replaced. Could be a lot of work for them. We will see what they say but I will most likely be calling the better business bureau if things start to go bad and ask for either a refund or the other undamaged coach. As far as lemon laws go...if they have my coach for 30 consecutive days to fix it or have my unit in to fix the same problem more than 3 times it falls under lemon law. The saga continues but everyone I talk to tells me that I should really demand a new unit not have them fix this one.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 21st, 2017, 1:37 am

SO disappointing. Sorry to hear your bad news. I hope the dealer compensates you one way or the other. I still keep telling myself, to lower my expectations in so many ways and so many times when it comes to things like this. I'm SO careful, SO OCD that I notice every little detail, too bad other's (whose job it is to notice things) so often do not! Bummer.

Please keep the forum updated as to how this ends.

I do know on some of the starcraft there was a recall on the front seam where the diamond shield meets the trailer siding as it was leaking in some of the models. I checked into the recall before purchasing mine as I thought maybe mine was one of the affected models, but when calling Starcraft they said it wasn't. I do know there is a clear caulking the entire length of this seam on my trailer. I bought it 6 months old and do not know who put it there, the last owner, the dealer or the factory, but knowing it's there makes me feel a little easier about a potential leak.

Ffyter

Just bought a launch 19bhs. Disappointed so far....

Post by Ffyter » April 20th, 2017, 2:12 pm

I picked up my new 2017 launch from a local reputable dealer last week. Before I picked it up they replaced a gasket on the top edge of the slide out which delayed pickup for a day (dealer found it on inspection). My family and I headed out for a trial camping night at a campground close to home. Rained like crazy for about 4 hours while we slept. Woke up to wet wall and floor by our heads in the queen bed. Upon further inspection mold under mattress about the size of a half sheet of paper. It was green mold and the wood was slightly discolored from the drivers side corner to the center of our bed platform extending about 5 inches from the back bottom edge out towards the center. I then went into inspection mode and found another spot of black mold on the wall in the front bottom bunk on the passenger wall between the mattress and the wall. Wood under that area had water damage discoloration as well. Grrrrr!! Immediately called dealership and they couldn't get me in till may 2nd. Then called salesman we dealt with and said I was very upset that I was sold an already water damaged rv. Dropped the trailer off yesterday and service manager had a very disappointed look on his face when I proceeded to show him the damaged areas as well as a piece of trim that had the vinyl peeling off of it and a metal piece of trim along the bottom of the drivers side wheel well that was 1/4 inch away from being flush against the side of the trailer. I don't know if he was disgusted with the poor workmanship or the fact that his employees didn't notice issues before I purchased it. We will see what type of offer comes my way. My hope is different trailer as they had two of my units on the lot but I'm guessing they say they are going to fix and add some inconvenience compensation from jayco. I will update this thread as I know more info from the dealer. Thoughts or suggestions are welcome..........