Need Recommendations for Cover - Storage

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
AngelBok

Need Recommendations for Cover Storage

Post by AngelBok » June 6th, 2019, 7:07 am

The SX-28 non-A is the only set that has beaten me in 60 years of restoring radios.

It has capacitors in the front end that need to be replaced.
But the only way to get at them and their connections is to pull the bandswitch.
I was not willing to do that.

They re-designed the front end for the SX-28A, apparently to eliminate this problem.

- Leigh

callmecrazy

Re: Need Recommendations for Cover - Storage

Post by callmecrazy » September 28th, 2018, 3:35 pm

We're in Boise Idaho and we have snow and sun, sometimes lots of it!
i'm debating on a metal roofing type or the canvas.
15' AR-1, 2013. any suggestions.
Also whats the height of these monsters :D

VictorH

Post by VictorH » August 4th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Here is a link to the one I purchased (for my 2015 26 BHS):
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001IZ ... UTF8&psc=1

I have used it for the past two seasons and it has worked great in a wet, Pacific Northwest climate where we have seen some snow too.

I had a similar one for a previous RV I owned. It was a factor that the purchaser liked when I sold it a few years later.

It protects the rig from the UV light but also keeps leaves, bug nests, flying debris off the roof and away from the antennae and air conditioning unit while allowing it to breath.

Personally, I wouldn't own an RV without using a good quality, breathable cover.

Quick note: if you purchase one, buy a large rolling garbage container on wheels to store it in when not in use. That way, it comes off easily by putting the rear end of it into the (new) garbage container first. Then, slowly feed it off the back of the roof, little-by-little, down into the container. When it is time to put it back on, with a partner, hand it up to the person on the roof who can pull out the cover and carefully walk it to the front of the rig. Overall, takes 30 minutes the first time, and 15 minutes (on or off) after that.
Victor and Leslie
2015 StarCraft Launch 26 BHS and 2005 Toyota Sequoia

Uno676

Post by Uno676 » July 17th, 2017, 3:45 am

Following same here
2018 Launch 187TB

JesseBBrown

Need Recommendations for Cover - Storage

Post by JesseBBrown » June 1st, 2017, 1:39 pm

I don't have a covered place to store my 2016 Launch 17SB. I don't want to have to pay a monthly fee and deal with the trouble of storing it down the road at a storage facility. At the same time, i know that UV and exterior exposure is a sure fire way to kill a camper in 10 years.

So, I'm looking for recommendations on a good cover. I'm mainly looking for UV protection, but some covers also advertise that they will protect against rain. Is it worth the extra $$$ ?
Jesse Brown
2016 SB17 Launch
Louisiana