Noisy Awning on Launch

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
OldLotusGuy

Re: Noisy Awning on Launch

Post by OldLotusGuy » December 31st, 2018, 3:19 pm

Hello Tripp23...I know that it is a year and a half late, but I see that nobody gave you any info on your "noisy awning". I too was battling a very noisy awning, trying many lubricants, even drilling into the "gas strut pivot ends", to no avail! Well, I decided to remove one of the struts, than I made a device to collapse the strut, and what I found out is, the strut itself is binding internally! There is no amount of lube that will ever cure this "noise", they have to be replaced, otherwise they will eventually seize up, and the arms will bend. I called Carefree, because I wasn't sure about aftermarket struts and ordered two new ones.......I know they must know that they had a bunch of these "binding struts", but they would not give me any break on the purchase. Thank goodness, I could do the work myself, I'll bet if you have to have this done at the dealer, it will be very expensive....but, I think it should be done under Warranty!! Sorry, i'm probably to late to help you, but hopefully someone else may benefit! Don

oldenuftoknowbetter

Post by oldenuftoknowbetter » June 11th, 2017, 2:19 am

I also have a 2016 Launch 26BHS. Just returned from a trip. No noise coming from my awning.
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L w/factory tow package
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/ Reese WDH

GaryG

Post by GaryG » June 8th, 2017, 10:14 pm

I have the same trailer, model and year. My awning is not noisy compared to other power awnings that I have had. I'm sorry, I'm not much help.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

Tripp23

Noisy Awning on Launch

Post by Tripp23 » June 6th, 2017, 2:16 am

Hi...I have a 2016 26BHS. I bought it new last March. My only complaint is how noisy the awning is when it is opened and closed. You can watch the arm when it is opening out the bedroom window. You can see it looking sluggish as it opens. It also quite loud when it opening. I've tried a spray on graphite lubricant and paraffin wax and neither helped. I also had it at the dealer for something unrelated. I did add the noisy awning to the work order. When I went to pick it up the dealer told me it was normal. In my camping last year and this year so far I haven't come across another Launch to ask if they have the same issue.

Thoughts or suggestions...

Thank you