Buying New 24RLS: What to check for?

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
moallen

Re: Buying New 24RLS: What to check for?

Post by moallen » August 20th, 2017, 11:10 am

Congratulations! We love our 2016 24rls. One thing to make sure the dealer does is check the factory recall database. Never fun to take the trailer back for a recall that came out before you picked it up.

A few other things -
Make sure the dealer shows you exactly how the propane tanks switch over on your unit.
Trailers are shipped without a battery. Make sure the dealer explains how they hooked up the battery and what runs through the master shutoff switch and what is live all the time. For example, on ours the power tongue jack and slideout have power when the master shutoff is turned off. They also have separate fuses at the battery.
Make sure the wheel lug wrench fits the spare tire hold down nuts. Mine were a different size.
Also good idea to make sure dealer explains exactly how the sound system works, like turning outside speakers on/off, hooking up a mp3 player, etc.

Happy Camping!
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

GaryG

Re: Buying New 24RLS: What to check for?

Post by GaryG » August 20th, 2017, 1:54 am

I've done a PDI ( pre delivery inspection) each time I got a different coach (5 times now) and I'm always to anxious or in a hurry to take it home. Make the dealer take their time. I'd hook up the water, elec & gas and turn on EVERYTHING! I had water leaks at several connections under counters and behind cabinet doors. These were just loose connections that either were not tight from construction or loosened during transport. I'd make them show you everything and how it works. It will take more time and they may not enjoy it, but It will pay big dividends in the end and save headaches.

I'm happy with my starcraft but there were a few kinks to work out. I noticed creaking flooring in the trailer as soon as I stepped into it. I mentioned it to the dealer and they said there was nothing they could do about it. I left it at that and every time I step into the trailer and hear a creak it makes me crazy because I know it shouldn't be that way. Too late now to have them address it.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new Starcraft.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

shemphill

Buying New 24RLS: What to check for?

Post by shemphill » August 20th, 2017, 12:49 am

Newby here on this board as well as with Starcraft. We are picking up a new 2017 Launch 24RLS on Monday, and am wondering what we should be on the lookout for in terms of manufacturer and dealer oversight. Any experiences on shortcomings?
Thanks!
'03 2500 Cummins Crew Cab
'17 Launch 24RLS