2017 Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS - Location of Water Heater Bypass?

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
Houston Remodeler

Re: 2017 Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS - Location of Water Heater Bypass?

Post by Houston Remodeler » September 30th, 2017, 11:54 pm

If you come to Austin be sure to stop by the Bullock (Texas) Museum. Well worth the time.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

lj150

Post by lj150 » September 29th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, our bypass is behind the fridge panel also. It seems so obvious now!<grin>. I have properly completed the winterizing and that puts an end to our season.

I am already planning for next year and may make it down to your wonderful state sometime. I am somewhat familiar with Houston and Dallas, but would like to visit Austin (good music, good food, and an F1 race!!), and San Antonio amongst other places I’m sure to discover.

As you say, camping season is 12 months a year down there. Nice!
2017 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2014 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 EcoBoost

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » September 29th, 2017, 12:25 am

Ours is located in the panel below the fridge.

DON'T forget about the ones at the bathroom sink, and to drain the main water tank
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

lj150

2017 Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS - Location of Water Heater Bypass?

Post by lj150 » September 28th, 2017, 8:05 pm

So this is my first attempt at winterizing an RV, and I have already made a mistake. In Alberta, we are expecting freezing temperatures next week, so I decided to tackle the job myself.The Starcraft manual has a number of different sections that you have to flip between, but it mentions the 3 valve water heater bypass in most of them. I was surprised when I removed the drawers under the kitchen sink and did not find 5 valves. Only 2, the shutoff for the fresh water tank and the valve for the siphon hose. The manual also had a section on if you have the Utility Center and 2 valve system. In there, it states (under Draining The System) if you don’t have the 3 valve bypass to skip that step and proceed. I mistakenly applied that to the RV antifreeze section and pumped 2 gallons of RV antifreeze into the system before I realized that the antifreeze must be going into the hot water tank. I confirmed this by loosening the water heater drain plug, and that is where it sits.

It doesn’t make sense that I don’t have a bypass, being that the trailer is “4 season”, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. The only place it might be is behind the breaker box/converter and CO detector, but being electrical, I didn’t think that should be removed. Now I have my doubts.

So, 2 questions. Hopefully someone can help.

1. Do you know the hidden location of the 3 valve water heater bypass in the 24 RLS?
2. If I don’t have the bypass, how do I get RV antifreeze into the hot water lines? Now that I’ve got some antifreeze in the HW tank, do I just add more antifreeze until it fills the water heater and fills the rest of the lines, flushing the tank very well in the spring?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Larry
2017 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2014 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 EcoBoost