Launch 24RLS fresh water tank not filling on city water

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
tslarson

Re: Launch 24RLS fresh water tank not filling on city water

Post by tslarson » July 9th, 2015, 11:34 am

One other thing to do when you use the gravity fill to fill your tank is to check for fill hose leaks when filling and also when you have filled your tank to capacity. Mine leaked at the fitting on the side of the trailer and at the fitting on the water tank. I had to take the hose off, put clear silicone on the fitting and inside of the hose and then reattach. This seems to be a common problem on many trailers. I had the exact same problem with my Dutchmen pop up, my Jayco Hybrid, and my new Starcraft.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

mrinfo

Post by mrinfo » July 8th, 2015, 2:29 am

Thank you for the response. I will try that.

Scott aka "Mr. Info"

rbrent

Post by rbrent » July 8th, 2015, 1:15 am

Yes the water tank will show empty in less you fill it with the gravity fill. I would fill it at least once to check it out make sure it doesn't leak or anything like that before you actually need to use it and find problems, I have to take mine in to get the overflow vent hose ran thru the bottom of the underbelly the factory forgot to do this and when I filled my tank for the first time the overflow from the vent tube ran all over inside the underbelly. so need to get that fixed so as to not cause any mold where one might not see it. Enjoy your 24RLS We love ours!
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

mrinfo

Launch 24RLS fresh water tank not filling on city water

Post by mrinfo » July 8th, 2015, 12:12 am

I am a new Launch Ultra Lite owner and have a hose hooked up to city water. I have pressure through the faucets, but on my status panel the fresh water tank reads empty. Will the FW tank only register if I use the gravity water fill?

Thank you for any help or advice.