16rb - water heater tank replacement?

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
cattzap

Re: 16rb - water heater tank replacement?

Post by cattzap » June 14th, 2018, 8:07 pm

I have a dedicated socket to remove the anode rod, drain plug now. I keep it in a certain spot with the rod/plug with it. Even during summer non use times. Ill awys drain after each use anyway, usually at the park. No reason to haul that weight.

lagunamiata

Post by lagunamiata » June 14th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Found the model number this morning, ordered the tank from Amazon. $158, so not bad.
We'll just bypass the water heater this weekend and go to the bath house.

cattzap

Post by cattzap » June 14th, 2018, 11:02 am

I replaced one for someone before. It wasn't a bid deal,other than on his, whoever had it before him took it out very roughly. Messed the outside up so there was some cosmetic things to do. Yours shouldn't be too bad. the worse thing is the seal that they use to seal the outside trim frame to the unit really sticks. So be easy on that. The rest is take pics well before you start, label wires and hoses before you disconnect. Consider removing a cabinet/dinette seat or whatever it's inside to get you some working room. Most things are mounted in with just a few square head screws and come out easier than you think. Tune the water on slow and have someone watching for leaks. It defiantly is something that can be done by the user.

Consider saving parts from your old one, gas valve, anode rod, any circuit boards.

lagunamiata

16rb - water heater tank replacement?

Post by lagunamiata » June 14th, 2018, 2:29 am

So I had a bonehead move... Didn't leave the drain plug out, water was in the tank and it split. Yes, we're just now getting ready to go camping.
Anyway, looks like I'll be replacing the tank. Anyone done it? Doesn't look too bad to do.
Where do I find the water heater model number so I can order the right tank?