Battery - Fuse Box - LED ceiling lights

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
51 Ashton

Re: Battery - Fuse Box - LED ceiling lights

Post by 51 Ashton » November 1st, 2018, 12:27 pm

If I understand mine correctly it has built in protection for mistakenly reversing polarality while hooking up to the battery.
2018 Starcraft 21FB
2015 F250 XL
Reg Cab 4WD

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » October 29th, 2018, 12:55 pm

I work on DC electrical systems all day, every day. It is so easy and actually cheap to safeguard against hooking up a battery backwards .... that is my biggest pet peave with manufacturers that don’t protect their equipment. Good luck, if you have any questions, ask. I will try to help.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

john_l_huber@msn.com

Post by john_l_huber@msn.com » October 27th, 2018, 10:15 am

Kuba122,
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about damage to the circuit. Of course I hope not. I have a voltmeter and will do a check.
There is one thing I noticed that I failed to mention. When I made the wrong connection immediately I heard a brief fan-like air sound. Curious.
Sincerely

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » October 26th, 2018, 1:17 am

If you hooked the battery up backwards, my suspicion is you likely burned out part of the DC electrical system. Do you know how to use a voltmeter? If you do, take out the fuse for the lights, turn on the lights and measure the voltage where the lights fuse was removed. Take out the main fuse (30A) and measure the voltage where that fuse is missing from. If you don't know how to use a voltmeter, look around for a friend that does .... you are going to have to troubleshoot your DC electrical system. You may have to replace the electrical breaker box/charger.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

john_l_huber@msn.com

Battery - Fuse Box - LED ceiling lights

Post by john_l_huber@msn.com » October 25th, 2018, 9:06 pm

Hello,

I admit I goofed when I reversed the cables when connecting the battery. When I did, this is what I know happened next -

1. The Launch 17SB Extreme's LED ceiling lights failed, all except the 2 bunk lights and the bathroom light.
2. I corrected the battery cables.
3. Next I inspected the fuse box and saw there was a red warning light next to the 30amp main fuse. I replaced the fuse. The red light went out but still no lights.
4. The fuse box's the first 15amp fuse was labeled "ceiling lights" so I also replaced that one but still no lights.
5. Finally I removed one of the lights and brought it home to test it - it works just fine!

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks for your help, Jack :ugeek: