2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU vs. 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 27BHU

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
bsbrant

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU vs. 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 27BHU

Post by bsbrant » May 15th, 2019, 12:05 am

Hi, I new to the forum. We are considering 2 different Starcraft travel trailers: a 2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU and 2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 27BHU. Both are in nice condition and have many similarities.

I noticed that the original MRSP of the 2015 Travel Star was $31,274 and the MSRP of the 2016 Launch was $28,884. The current average retail price of the Travel Star is also higher, by about 9%.

Does anyone have any insight in comparing these 2 units? They both appear to have the same construction components with the Magnum roof system, aluminum frame, and TuffShell laminated walls. Their length and weight are almost identical and feature-wise they are almost exact. So I was surprised to see one valued much higher than the other.

I tried to see how the 2 lines were positioned and marketed by Starcraft. The Launch was marketed as an Ultra-Lite, but the weight and construction type also seem to be ultra light. Was the Travel Star branded as a more premium unit?

Comparisons of the 2 units would be great, but any insight anyone has on either unit would also be helpful. We like them both and both are priced fairly, just trying to get a feel for any advantages or disadvantages of either one.

Thanks in advance!