Low Profile TV Antenna

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
pmames

Re: Low Profile TV Antenna

Post by pmames » April 7th, 2017, 1:14 am

we have the conintu.us 1500 on our 2017 Launch 27 BHU. It doesn't do great at reception either. Welcome suggestion please.
2017 StarCraft 27 BHU
2015 Jayco 24FBS traded
2014 StarCraft AR One 15RB
2014 Ram HEMI
Woodstock GA

pnevans

Re: Low Profile TV Antenna

Post by pnevans » February 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I could hardly pick up anything with that antenna! It was easy in the fact that you didn't have to point it, but it just didn't work! I ended up just replacing mine with a King Jack ..... Now I get Great reception.
Also if you don't already have it, the "TV Towers" phone app is The Bomb! You can search for stations and it will show you exactly where to point the antenna!

moallen

Low Profile TV Antenna

Post by moallen » August 26th, 2015, 9:20 pm

Has anyone else noticed the Winegard Roadstar Omnidirectional antennas just don't bring in TV stations like the older crank-up Winegard? I'm basing this on same campgrounds and same TV stations over the years. I think the main difference is the crank-up ones could be pointed to a station, whereas the new ones can't be aimed anywhere.

Well - I solved my frustration by buying a 4-bay antenna and mounting it to a 12' mast. I just hand clamp it to the corner of my slideout and attach the coax to my outside coax jack. Works great, probably better than the old crank-up antenna. Yeah, it's a hassle but nice to have for longer trips.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio