GFCI issue

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
Milepost56

Re: GFCI issue

Post by Milepost56 » January 16th, 2020, 11:16 pm

There will be a "master" GFCI receptacle which in turn feeds any of the other outlets that required to be ground fault. Most of the devices made for the electrical industry our cheap disposable junk made in China. It's an easy fix which will take only 5 minutes and a screw driver most likely just make sure you are not plugged in to power when replacing! With over fourty years in the electrical industry I have seen my share of devices fail, good luck!

kuba122

Re: GFCI issue

Post by kuba122 » October 27th, 2019, 10:26 am

Sorry this response took so long!

I have seen regular home GFCI plugs fail out of the box or very quickly after installation.

I don’t know the reason why they fail, they just fail.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Marlenelic

GFCI issue

Post by Marlenelic » October 26th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Animal damage was my first thought when this happened. After I took it out there is no evidence of any wiring damage, or any other obvious signs of short circuit.
Attachments
273.gif
273.gif (3.4 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

nfd181

GFCI issue

Post by nfd181 » August 18th, 2019, 3:23 am

SO we bought a new 2018 24RLS last year from our dealer and first time out the water heater wouldn't light. Bad board apparently a problem on these so fixed under warranty, same with the ball bearing slide on a drawer.
Season 2 all was well until our August trip, trim under a cabinet was not installed well and the GFCI failed causing the outlets in the rear living space and outside so another trip to the dealer but now warranty is out and Starcraft says too bad.

After having our first RV (Jayco) I thought we would do good with this one but already disappointed. Anyone else see a GFCI fail in 16 months?