Solar ready ZAMP

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
nomade

Re: Solar ready ZAMP

Post by nomade » September 16th, 2020, 4:40 pm

Did you get a charge controller?

I was reading that you also need a charge controller as the campers do not include it.

From what I understand, hook your panel on the port, then where the battery is you will have cables to connect to your charge controller and the battery.

uct

Re: Solar ready ZAMP

Post by uct » June 5th, 2020, 11:19 pm

el robo wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:16 pm
I have a 2016 Starcraft Launch 24RLS. Have had it for 5 years. Recently bought a ZAMP solar panel to use when not hooked up to shore power. The side of the trailer has a plugin for connecting to the Zamp solar panel. Problem is it doesn't work. If I hook up the solar panel directly to the batteries with the alligator clips, it works great. I talked with my RV guy who said that the units come prewired for Zamp solar, but they are not hooked up. That makes no sense. Why would the trailer come prewired and not be ready to go? Has anyone else had any issues like that?
Strange How much was the panel and where did you get it? We have the same trailer
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

el robo

Solar ready ZAMP

Post by el robo » June 5th, 2020, 10:16 pm

I have a 2016 Starcraft Launch 24RLS. Have had it for 5 years. Recently bought a ZAMP solar panel to use when not hooked up to shore power. The side of the trailer has a plugin for connecting to the Zamp solar panel. Problem is it doesn't work. If I hook up the solar panel directly to the batteries with the alligator clips, it works great. I talked with my RV guy who said that the units come prewired for Zamp solar, but they are not hooked up. That makes no sense. Why would the trailer come prewired and not be ready to go? Has anyone else had any issues like that?