Adding the Heat option for 187TB 2018

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
kuba122

Re: Adding the Heat option for 187TB 2018

Post by kuba122 » October 11th, 2020, 10:32 am

The best place to look for that information is the manufacturer of the device you want to add the option to.

I have a dometic AC that I added a heat option to. I had a coleman AC unit that I added the heat option to. The options definitely exist. You would need to open up your AC unit and see if it is installed (most likely it is not installed).

Then you will need to use the model/serial numbers of your AC unit and some time to research the exact parts you will need. It can be quite a complicated endeavor, depending on exactly what unit you have and exactly what options are installed and how you want it all to work. It certainly can be done as a DIY project.

Personally, I liked the way the coleman AC/Heat worked better than the dometic. Electric heat option works pretty well down to about 45 degrees outside. Below that, it just cannot keep up. I keep a 1000 Watt space heater (infra red) in the trailer for really cold winter nights in south Texas. I try to avoid any longer term and or deeply below freezing temps in the trailer because of water problems.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

nomade

Adding the Heat option for 187TB 2018

Post by nomade » October 8th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Hi

I just received our used Launch 187TB

I noticed the Heat option was not installed or just not working??? Yep currently hook at home on a regular outlet 15/20 amp)

How can I check if it is installed? And if not, is there a part I could order and install myself?

I know it’s not the best source of heating but once the camper has reached a decent temperature using propane it would be good to use that to maintain the temp while saving on propane..