266 RKS low point drains.

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Als

Re: 266 RKS low point drains.

Post by Als » June 29th, 2020, 2:08 am

Found them!
Under bath vanity tucked in at the wall under and behind 2 ac/heat ducts. Impossible to get to.
They are exactly where the plumbing plan that Starcraft emailed me said they were. Poor choice of whomever put them in as to install them against outer wall,inaccessible.
Now..... The sticker on the outside is nowhere near where the drains are. In fact it couldn’t be much further off. Wrong side wrong end. Actual position is Foward drivers side near city water and shower, extra. Sticker is passenger side in the back near the water pump, Under drawer with sink plumbing is. IMO a better place for it, can get at that. Sooo... new guy with the stickers can’t read a print.
Good thing is I got a bunch of excess weight out by cleaning up the mess the assemblers left all over the place behind where nobody cares. Clamps, short pieces of pipe(red, blue, and clear), chunks of wood, aluminum, staples, screws, sawdust and aluminum shavings. The sawdust and metal were also present in the living space at delivery. Get this. Dealer said” that kind of stuff falls out of a new unit for quite some time” REALLY!
About now I’m kinda wishing I had kept my 79 fun lite while this is sitting in the shop. I have also found while searching for those drains. Awning arm is warped and twisted, plastic wire protector in said arm is gone. One of the seals on the slide out is ripped about 10” up.

DO THEY LOOK AT THE UNIT BEFORE IT IS SHIPPED? Or just hoping some fool like me gets it home before getting out the fine tooth comb.
If it hadn’t been for me following the manual and sanitizing the system i would not have found most of this until I was on the road (without brakes)!!
Obviously with Starcraft and company BUYER BEWARE.
Doesn’t say that in the manual but does say ho many ways you can negate the warranty many times over and over.
Thanks
Had to vent. It’ll get fixed, I’ll be happy.
Happy camping
AL

Als

Post by Als » June 24th, 2020, 8:30 pm

I’m having the same problem with my 2020 23rls. The drains are clearly marked on the outside, curbside rear. The owners manual says they will be inside in that general location. First of all there is no hoses coming through the underside which would drain in that area second I for the life of me find the valves. The water pump is there under the sink under a drawer. There is however a red and blue hose coming out on drivers side front, completely opposite of label. I did get Starcraft to send me a plumbing schematic (with disclaimer of course) it shows the valves as being under the sink/shower area. This is the front driver’s side where the hoses are. I still can’t find any valves there either.
I’m lost. I have always used these to sanitize and winterize. My dealer said he doesn’t use them.
Any help would be appreciated.
Is it possible they aren’t even there?

uct

Post by uct » December 1st, 2017, 5:52 pm

The single low point drain is for your fresh drinking water tank. On my trailer the low Pont drains are clearly marked on the outside lower trim metal. Also mine lift up and do not turn
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

GaryG

Post by GaryG » October 30th, 2017, 9:34 pm

I'm not sure if my low point drains are the same, but mine are located under the rear sink. There is a panel that has to be opened by removing one screw. There, on the floor are two valves (small black ones) that need to be turned to allow water to drain out the exterior low point drain. I hope this helps.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

Crkirby

266 RKS low point drains.

Post by Crkirby » October 28th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Now I've had several campers in my life and consider myself quite skilled but I am at a loss here. Does anyone know where the hot and cold low point drains are ok a 266 RKS? I've got a singular low point drain on the drivers side of the trailer but nothing ever comes out of it. Thanks for any help!