Problem getting new StarCraft camper fixed right

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Zyriah

Re: Problem getting new StarCraft camper fixed right

Post by Zyriah » August 23rd, 2016, 5:48 pm

Isn't StarCraft part of Jayco? Perhaps they would be able to help.

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » August 21st, 2016, 11:25 pm

Parkhoppers, you make my point, very well. There is nothing I can't do, very professionally, to the trailer I have from gas to plumbing to electrical to general construction. I've been in the construction industry in one way or another for 43 or 44 years. Most people aren't this way, they have to rely on a dealer or a mechanic to take care of this stuff. It's a really sad reflection on the industry that there is just no way to get things done. Most operations on these trailers are really not very complicated .... motors, seals, caulk, wiring, hoses .... I guess it's the warranty thing that makes dealers shudder .... knowing the services are free. Still, they turned a pretty decent profit, 15 or 20 % .... they should be able to absorb a few items that the factory is likely paying for .... I'm just heartbroken at some of these stories.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Randall

Post by Randall » August 21st, 2016, 9:59 pm

Thanks for the info it sounds like it time to contact a lawyer over this.

Parkhoppers

Post by Parkhoppers » August 21st, 2016, 9:47 pm

kuba122 wrote:These horror stories of the various dealers ... It absolutely breaks my heart that folks can't find quality service people out there. Why is it so difficult and even further why is it seemingly impossible to get these travel trailers fixed, properly ..... Randall, I'm so sorry this is all happening to you. I am appalled at some of the stories I hear and have to wonder why Starcraft and the other factories don't step in to assist, more often. Or stop some of the shadier dealers from selling their products .... what an odd industry, this is ....

Indeed!

We had a bad pick-up day experience with our dealer…. The details are far too lengthy to bore you all with here. But, there were SEVERAL issues concerning the dealership, and I was compelled to call Starcraft to let them know of what kind of operation was representing their product. However, I couldn’t get past the receptionist, as I was told that they didn’t really have a customer service department. So I had to lodge my complaints with the receptionist for her to pass on to some higher power, but all the while I don’t think she was even listening; as she continually placed me on hold while she tended to her other office duties. I left all our contact information with her, but NEVER heard back from anyone. Ever.

Additionally, I contacted Starcraft about the poor design of the black water plumbing on our camper (another long story). The receptionist put in a “call ticket” to have a technician call me about it. DAYS later, someone calls, and it wasn’t even a tech, just someone relaying trouble-shooting advice given to him by the tech(s). Basically, they were blowing me off as someone who didn’t know how to operate a waste water system, and did not care to hear about the real issues with the design.

Luckily, I’m a do-it-yourselfer, so we don’t need to depend on a dealer for any type of work. But given our experience, I wouldn’t even depend on Starcraft to aide us with any warranty issues. I think they are seriously lacking in quality control and customer service.
Parkhoppers
2015 StarCraft AR-One 17RD

Randall

Post by Randall » August 21st, 2016, 9:11 pm

The worst part is that are summer's in WI are short we never even had a chance to go camping with a new $42000 camper the dealership has had it all summer long.

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » August 21st, 2016, 6:44 pm

These horror stories of the various dealers ... It absolutely breaks my heart that folks can't find quality service people out there. Why is it so difficult and even further why is it seemingly impossible to get these travel trailers fixed, properly ..... Randall, I'm so sorry this is all happening to you. I am appalled at some of the stories I hear and have to wonder why Starcraft and the other factories don't step in to assist, more often. Or stop some of the shadier dealers from selling their products .... what an odd industry, this is ....
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Randall

Post by Randall » August 21st, 2016, 12:34 pm

Iam dealing with the general manager for the last 4 month's. Iam waiting on StarCraft to call me back to see if they will do anything.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » August 21st, 2016, 9:23 am

Man, that's terrible! Have you gone up the food chain at the dealership and spoken with senior management? Can you possibly take it to another dealer?
Good luck!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

Randall

Post by Randall » August 21st, 2016, 2:08 am

Thanks

kuba122

Post by kuba122 » August 21st, 2016, 2:06 am

If a travel trailer falls under a lemon law, I don't know .... every state is different and you should contact someone in your state that might be able to help.
2006 Chevrolet Silverado