Lippert Electric Jack Replaced

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
moallen

Re: Lippert Electric Jack Replaced

Post by moallen » May 9th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Thanks for the info about the Husky jack. I think mine is still working ok, although I did run into a problem last weekend. I was at the place I store my trailer and needed to move it to a different spot but didn't have my battery with me. I store it in my garage at home over the winter.

Anyway, I had the trailer's 7 pin cable connected to my truck's jack. I know my truck supplies 12 volts through the connector to keep the trailer's battery charged on the road. But apparently, it just can't supply enough current for the jack. It just made a humming sound like a stalled motor.

I did try raising the jack manually with the 3/4" crank, but I could see that was going to take way too long. So I ran home and brought my battery back. The jack worked fine with the battery installed.

I usually keep a battery powered drill in the trailer to raise and lower the stabilizers which also take a 3/4" socket but didn't have any of that with me either.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

DawnK

Lippert Electric Jack Replaced

Post by DawnK » April 29th, 2017, 6:19 pm

The Lippert Electric Jack on our 245DS started blowing the fuse a few months ago. And it's gotten progressively noiser. My DH said he thinks the switch was the cause of the fuse blowing, but not sure why it's started soundling like it was grinding. Maybe the gear jammed and then started cross treading?
Rather than put much effort into trouble shooting, we just decided to replace it. We opted for a Husky Brute Elec Jack W Remote - Drop Leg, 18 Lift, 4.5k #87641) which we purchased from ETrailer ( and invoked their Low price pledge because Amazon had a lower price).

My DH scoffed at my paying a little more for a unit with a remote, but it was nice to stand beside the camper where the level is mounted and be able to make adjustments without walking back and forth to the jack.

The Husky is very quiet and moves a bit faster than the OEM jack. Hopefully it will be more durable and dependable than the Lippert.
-Dawn K
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 245DS
2017 Chevy Express 2500