Brand New Starcraft Autumn Ridge 265RL Screen Door doesn't want to open

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Calab

Re: Brand New Starcraft Autumn Ridge 265RL Screen Door doesn't want to open

Post by Calab » July 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Does this happen when the jacks are up?

If you put too much weight on one jack it will twist the whole camper and the doors will bind.
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 265RLS

C45BR

Post by C45BR » July 18th, 2017, 12:41 pm

It sounds to me as if there is moisture in the wood sub-frame that is swelling when the temperature goes up. The door to the screened-in porch on my house will do this for that reason after a rain storm that gets the door frame wet, or after an extended period of very humid weather. I can't tell you a good fix other than resealing the aluminum frame after a good dry spell. Best of luck with it.
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." -The Shootist

GaryG

Post by GaryG » June 8th, 2017, 10:17 pm

I had the same issue with my starcraft when it was not properly level. If you have a smart phone, you might download the free bubble level, that's what I use and it really helps in leveling the trailer. It is amazing what a slightly un-level trailer will do to opening doors, etc.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » June 8th, 2017, 8:37 pm

I have had the same issue, but found that it was caused by the trailer not being level and that put a slight twist on the frame. After re-leveling the problem was gone.

Happy camping!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

sanemb

Brand New Starcraft Autumn Ridge 265RL Screen Door doesn't want to open

Post by sanemb » June 7th, 2017, 2:26 pm

We brought our new trailer home about 3 weeks ago. We didn't have any door issues, for the first week. Now the screen door wants to stick when you try to open it. It looks to be rubbing on the striker plate. My husband tightened all the screws. It doesn't stick as bad when the sun is setting. But, with the sun shining on the trailer, you have a hard time getting either the outside or screen door open. Because the screen door fits into the main door, it is a nightmare trying to get it to open. Called the dealer, we can bring the trailer in and leave it. Of course it is an hour away, and we are getting ready to go camping next week. Anybody had an problems like this?

Sandy :(