Looking at 265bhs

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Katkinson1

Looking at 265bhs

Post by Katkinson1 » April 8th, 2018, 3:05 am

Hello all. First post here but I have a few questions. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Starcraft 5th wheel reviews out there. I'm wanting to trade my current jayco designer in for a newer more camping friendly trailer with more sleeping room. I'm stuck between a autumn ridge 265bhs, and a puma 286rbss. Pretty similar floor plan. Similar tin sided entry 5th wheel. The puma is 1500 dollars cheaper, and has a few more options. It comes with a tv, has the outside kitchen, rear power jacks, and the new steps that are coming out that support off the ground. Better entry grab handle. is the build quality on these Starcraft trailers better than others in their class? Is that why they're more money? I looked at quite a few different 5ers and bp autumn ridge trailers today. Wasn't amazed with the quality of it but most of the issues were finishing issues. Glue on some walls, some screws missing, loose trim. Lots of saw dust everywhere. Looked at a puma a few months back but don't remember much of it. Dealer that had the puma was closed by the time I got there so didn't get to check them out again. Just want to make sure I'm getting a trailer that won't fall apart on me. For reference, Starcraft is about $26,000 and puma is $24,500. Was anyone in a similar situation or have owned both? Thanks, Kyle.