StarCraft needs to step up quality control.

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
cattzap

Re: StarCraft needs to step up quality control.

Post by cattzap » July 30th, 2020, 4:17 pm

They all do but wont as long as we keep buying them.

Als

Post by Als » June 20th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Just reading through some of this stuff% you guys are scaring me. Lol. I have had two airstreams. Really good unit huh. Same kind of things with them.
These are little houses on wheels. Things shake and rattle and come loose fall off and so on. Look at it this way you paid for a education in maintenance and patience. Heck you need things to do when your camping right.
I just got a autumn ridge 23rls and I got issues that are fully explainable by way of poor workmanship by unqualified people. No brakes? Come on...
Most of what I have found with mine is carelessness and lazy on the part of the construction team.
Only thing the company can do is hire better people.
These things shouldn’t be.
No brakes.
Warped awning arm
Water pump jammed against wall (still hoses are kinked and stressed)
Torn gasket on slide out BTW ( I haven’t had this unit on the road yet.)
Shower detached/ bowed from the wall.
Wood and aluminum chips everywhere. Especially where you don’t normally look. Under drawer where water pump is. THIS IS JUST PLAIN SLOPPINESS. this guy needs to go.

My only fear is that things get worse. Hope not.
As I said I haven’t been on the road with it yet.
In the end it will all be fine.

Happy camping.
Ps where is the dog tie out and the my pillow pet bed?
I can’t find the low point drains either.

Now
HAPPY CAMPING!

51 Ashton

Post by 51 Ashton » September 9th, 2018, 1:52 am

I agree totally. I just brought home a 2018 fb21 and have the same issues. Water pressure and volume were poor unless your taking a navy shower. Found the suction line for water pump was kinked in two places in a space that has a heater hose passing through the compartment and wiring to the water pump wraped around the heater hose. where the vent line Is attached to the water tank connection is twisted and kinked and the hose clamp is visible but not accessable.

I was able to relocate the heater hose. I reconfigured the suction line so that it's not kinked but the memory still has it slightly collapsed. it works now better
than the one in the house. In the process I found the heater hose from heater was improperly attached. Reattached and taped both connections, now vents really blow hot air.

It's the little things that get missed because there out of site and out of mind.
2018 Starcraft 21FB
2015 F250 XL
Reg Cab 4WD

Dcm1379

Post by Dcm1379 » July 11th, 2018, 1:38 pm

So far nothing has been major and I can do myself, it's just frustrating that seems every time we use it some other PC of trim falls off.

What I might do is in the off season I will do a list drop it at the dealers in late October and say see you in the spring. Then they would probably ring me for storage.
2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.7 L Hemi
2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 26BHS
Nothing better then an evening by the campfire.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » July 11th, 2018, 1:18 pm

I would make the minor repairs myself rather than have the dealer keep it for a lengthy period of time. You might check with your dealer about how long the repairs will take. If you do decide to take it to the dealer, give him a detailed written list of what needs to be done. Then they can't say "you didn't tell me about that" when an item isn't repaired.
Maybe I've been lucky, but I now own two Starcraft trailers and I really haven't had any major issues with either one of them. I did own two other brands prior to these units, and they were both a constant headache. I got rid of both of them.
As for the quality, even folks that spend over $100,000 on a motor home complain about quality issues. It seems that the RV industry as a whole needs a major make over.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

Dcm1379

StarCraft needs to step up quality control.

Post by Dcm1379 » July 10th, 2018, 4:16 pm

I have a 26bhs I really like the trailer however almost every PC of trim inside I have had to reattach as it is just plain falling off, it is quicker for me to repair then it is to take to the dealer and have them do it. Just kind of disappointed in the quality for the price you pay for these units.

Nothing major as of yet however it is a 2018 model bought late 2017 so doesn't make me feel good about what could be coming down the road.
2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 5.7 L Hemi
2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 26BHS
Nothing better then an evening by the campfire.