Hot weekend in Central Texas

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » August 12th, 2015, 12:33 am

Congrats. Two ac ought to do the job

pawpaw

Hot weekend in Central Texas

Post by pawpaw » August 11th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I thought I would let you know how our TT (2015 329BHU) did on our 5 days of camping on the San Marcos River in Central Texas with temps in the low 100s during the day. Our unit has both ducted air in the main living space (15KW unit) and a second non ducted 13.5KW unit in the front bedroom. We were at a campground that had 50 amp service so we were able to use both AC units. Our TT has the Artic package also. I was impressed and very thankful that we had a such a great TT. I set the thermostat in the main living area at 72 and the AC actually cycled on and off during the day. I had also previously mounted an oscillating fan on the wall in the main living area and it seemed to really help. My wife likes to sleep under a blanket so she cranked the AC in the bedroom down to almost as cold as it would go. There are no reference numbers on this unit so I have no idea where it was set. Well, we both had to pull the covers up to stay warm! It was really pretty cold in there. We were both very excited at how cool our TT stayed. We were in a spot that had a good amount of shade, so I'm sure it helped. After tube and kayak trips down the river, it was really nice to come home to such a refreshing place and relax with an adult beverage or two.

There were two other families with us in their own units, one was a 2016 Jayco 28BHBE with a single 15KW unit, and the other was a class C RV with a 13.5KW unit. They both complained about how their units never seemed to catch up with the heat. One of the other wives spent a time in our unit to cool off.

Needless to say, I am very happy with our trailer and would highly recommend it to anyone. By the way, we had no issues at all with our TT. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying a new unit. If you're camping in Texas in the summer, you need that second AC unit!

Cheers!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX