Front window Leak - Starcraft Autum Ridge 286KBS

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Fundamental

Re: Front window Leak - Starcraft Autum Ridge 286KBS

Post by Fundamental » May 25th, 2020, 6:08 pm

I have a 2016 StarCraft ar one 15rb that has a fixed window on the slopes front of camper with a awning cover. This window is leaking no sure how to fix the problem. Looks like the window gasket is starting to separate from is self in the bottom left corner if you are facing the front of the camper. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have tried silicone sealant on the corner however this does not seem to work.
:D

indykwg

Post by indykwg » January 9th, 2020, 5:27 pm

We also have a 286KBS and love it. The front window seems like a poor design. It is wonderful to have the rock guard open and see out and it brings in a lot of light. But with it being sloped it pools water at the bottom seal when it rains. If the cover is closed and we are storing it, then it doesn't seem to leak. But if we are camping and it rains then the water sits there and works its way in. There is no where for it drain, it just sits there until it evaporates or leaks in. We took it into the dealer we purchased from and they were going to replace the seal but then told us it doesn't use a seal and is just caulked in. So they put more caulk on it, i have put caulk on it as well and it still leaks. Now after a rain i grab some old towels and dry the bottom of the window outside. This helps. But if its an all day rain the only option is put down the window cover.

JohnZig

Post by JohnZig » February 19th, 2019, 1:34 am

There was a TSB for front window glue failure on 2015 and 2016 Autumn Ridge, AR One, and Launch Ultra Lite trailers. Our trailer was a 2016 Launch 21FBS, it was up to the dealer to decide to pull the window out if it had shown signs of this glue separation. Our window was not leaking but they decided to replace it anyway. Although this may not be the reason your window is leaking it would sure be something I would check into with your dealer, I would hope Starcraft would honor the TSB if your trailer was never checked out.

cattzap

Post by cattzap » February 18th, 2019, 4:48 pm

Never have been a fan of the windows mounted on the front facing the high winds induced by driving. I'd say make sure it's leaking and not just condensation, and if it it, remove it and reseal it. It's not hard to do. Takes tow people. One to push the window out carefully and one to catch. They aren't heavy. Don't just gob caulk all around it. It should have a frame inside that unscrews that just sandwiches it into the wall. Carefully clean all the old seal tape away, get some new seal tape, and reinstall. Hopefully it hasn't damaged anything else.

https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-8-Inch-3 ... tape&psc=1

beckya910

Front window Leak - Starcraft Autum Ridge 286KBS

Post by beckya910 » February 12th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Hello all. I am new to this site. Unfortunately, I didn't want to have to seek it out, but we are having big time issues with the front window of our 2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge travel trailer. We LOVE this camper, but have noticed that the front window is leaking at the bottom. Not sure where it is coming in? It is now freezing rain and horrible winter weather here in Illinois, so we really can't fix it right now. My husband just put plastic bags over the glass and then shut the cover so that it sticks out all over... hoping no more rain will get in. We just found this when we went to check on our camper this past month. We are just sick about it. Anyone else have issues with their front window leaking? What was the problem? How did you fix it? Any help is MUCH appreciated! Thank you!