power issue...please help

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
DawnK

Re: power issue...please help

Post by DawnK » March 31st, 2019, 10:31 pm

uct wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 11:20 am
Glad you got it fixed. What replacement did you install.
Not sure if that question was for me, but this is what we purchased from Etrailer.com:

Husky Brute Electric Trailer Jack - Drop Leg - A-Frame - 18" Lift - 4,500 lbs Item # HT87247

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack/Husky/HT87247.html

It works great (Installed May 2017) It has remotes but we never use them.
-Dawn K
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 245DS
2017 Chevy Express 2500

uct

Post by uct » March 13th, 2019, 11:20 am

Glad you got it fixed. What replacement did you install.
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

DawnK

Post by DawnK » March 13th, 2019, 3:23 am

We kept blowing fuses on our power jack that came with our 245DS. Never could figure out why. We'd put a new one in, the jack would operate fine a few times. Then suddenly it would be blown again. We started leaving the fuse out and only inserting it when we needed to use the jack. Then we finally just replaced the stupid jack completely and have never had a single problem since. And our new jack is faster, quieter and more powerful than the OEM one.
-Dawn K
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 245DS
2017 Chevy Express 2500

GaryG

Post by GaryG » March 6th, 2019, 11:47 pm

Awesome! That was my first thought, that's why I mentioned it in my post to you. Glad it was an easy fix.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

kfloamy

Post by kfloamy » March 6th, 2019, 3:35 am

problem fixed! tracked along the wires from the jack and battery and found a fuse on the frame that was blown. So glad it was an easy fix...and now I know.

Thanks!

GaryG

Post by GaryG » March 6th, 2019, 2:48 am

I have a very similar trailer. My first thought is that an in-line fuse from the battery to the coach has tripped and now power is getting from the battery to the coach. I'm assuming the battery disconnect switch is open so power from the battery and your tow vehicle can get to the coach. I'd check the breakers and the fuses. It's got to be an easy fix. Just my thoughts. Please let us know what you find out and how you got it working again. Good luck.
2016 Starcraft 26 BHS Launch Ultra Lite - Gary from Boise, Idaho

kfloamy

power issue...please help

Post by kfloamy » March 6th, 2019, 1:54 am

two week old trailer...Starcraft Autumn Ridge 26BH...has been sitting in my driveway unplugged for two weeks and lights and power jack have been operational. On Sunday I went to move it to a storage unit, used the power jack to lower the trailer on to my hitch, then the jack stopped working. It raised all the way up and I'm wondering if I raised it too far and this caused something to shut the power off (fuse? breaker? although I checked the breakers and nothing looks flipped). I thought maybe it was a dead battery so I plugged the camper in for over 24 hours and nothing changed. When the camper is plugged in the lights and power jack work fine. Also, when they trailer is plugged in to my two vehicle nothing works...no interior lights...no jack. Shouldn't those run off of my tow vehicle when they are connected? Dealer thought it was battery and gave me a new one...but that didn't do anything, and wouldn't explain the two vehicle not powering things.

Any thoughts or advice on things I can check are appreciated. If there's an easy fix I can figure out without having to tow this thing back to the dealership that would be awesome. If you have advice, please say it like I'm an idiot because when it comes to mechanical/electrical things I pretty much am.

Thanks in advance!