2011 19BH water heater and sway bars

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
Donna H

Re: 2011 19BH water heater and sway bars

Post by Donna H » April 2nd, 2020, 2:58 pm

Thank you so very much for the information and suggestions. I think we have the hot water figured out and will be getting weight distribution bars...

Everyone stay safe!!

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » April 2nd, 2020, 12:26 pm

Sway Bars .... there may be no "need" for weight distribution or sway bars. There may possibly be a want. There are some possible technical reasons they may be required, but, if the trailer is within your vehicle's towing specs .... sway bar/weight distribution is not an absolute necessity. I use weight distribution, just because it makes things feel better (especially in cross winds and curvy roads). It also helps with the stance of your tow vehicle. Although, I went with stiffer rear springs AND weight distribution.

I would definitely recommend it.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » April 2nd, 2020, 12:17 pm

When you turn on the water heater, there is an auto sparker that lights the propane. At least that's the way it has been for the past 7 or 8 years. You might try and find the brand/model of your heater and do a quick google search for a youtube video or even call the water heater manufacturer. Trailer paperwork rarely has a lot of useful information on these accessories. Good Luck, let us know if you have any other questions!

Donna H

2011 19BH water heater and sway bars

Post by Donna H » March 31st, 2020, 11:45 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a switch inside to light the hot water heater or do we have to light the pilot light outside?

The trailer we are looking at does not have a place on the hitch for sway bars. The current owner (we are thinking of buying it) said we don’t need sway bars. We live in Canada. It is a tandem axle.

I can’t find a manual to read up on how to operate everything in the trailer.

Thanks