Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
pawpaw

Re: Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Post by pawpaw » May 23rd, 2015, 12:37 pm

My DW and I are once again happy campers! We got our trailer back from Camping World. The entire roof had to be replaced, and I must say that they did a great job. They even detailed the inside and outside for us at N/C. All the rain we've lately was a great "roof leak test". No problems at all.

Now, we just need a break from all this rainy weather to get back out there again! :D
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 12th, 2015, 1:58 pm

pawpaw wrote:Unfortunately, when the ladder got torn off, the roof was badly damaged in several places. The attachment points where the ladder screws down onto the roof are gone - there's now splintered wood in that area. The tree branch also dragged along the top of the roof before the ladder mount and ripped it up. I'm just sick about what I did - pure stupidity! Yes, I'm still beating myself up. I know better than to try to leave a tight spot without a spotter, but my DW had a migraine headache and I was trying not to stress her out and add to her headache. On my walk around before pulling out, everything looked fine - there appeared to be enough clearance. Guess I should have asked one of my neighbor campers to spot for me. Lesson learned!
My insurance company is sending an adjuster next week to take a look see. I'm pretty sure this repair is not going to be cheap.
Well. That is why we all have insurance after all.

It stinks, but at least you are protected.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » April 12th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, when the ladder got torn off, the roof was badly damaged in several places. The attachment points where the ladder screws down onto the roof are gone - there's now splintered wood in that area. The tree branch also dragged along the top of the roof before the ladder mount and ripped it up. I'm just sick about what I did - pure stupidity! Yes, I'm still beating myself up. I know better than to try to leave a tight spot without a spotter, but my DW had a migraine headache and I was trying not to stress her out and add to her headache. On my walk around before pulling out, everything looked fine - there appeared to be enough clearance. Guess I should have asked one of my neighbor campers to spot for me. Lesson learned!
My insurance company is sending an adjuster next week to take a look see. I'm pretty sure this repair is not going to be cheap.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 11th, 2015, 2:48 am

pawpaw wrote:We got back from our annual Easter camping trip yesterday afternoon, and I'm sad to say that operator error caused a major problem :( . We went to Garner State Park in the hill country of central Texas and had a terrific time with the kids and grand kids. The campsites were heavily wooded and presented a challenge backing in without hitting any of the low hanging tree branches. Plenty of shade though. My DW did a great job as a spotter getting me into the campsite without hitting anything. Leaving the campsite was a totally different story. Somehow a low hanging branch hooked the top of the ladder and ripped it out of the roof. The ladder now looks like a twisted pretzel and I have a hole in the roof where it used to be attached. What a way to end a perfect weekend! I can't remember when I've been so upset with myself! Pure operator error! Never assume that if you got into a space without a problem that you can pull out of the space without a problem - lesson learned! What a way to start the season.

I have an appointment to bring our TT to Camping World tomorrow to get the repairs done. I know it's going to be expensive and take a few weeks to get the repair done.
Man! That stinks.

Hopefully the ladder tore out nice and straight, should be an easy replacement if so.

Moving houses on wheels has it's dangers. Lessons learned. Just think of the ladder as a payment for a memorable and weekend with family. A couple hundred bucks? Totally worth it.

CenOhio

Post by CenOhio » April 9th, 2015, 12:09 am

tslarson wrote:
pawpaw wrote:Has anyone been able to locate the on/off switch or thermostat on the little fridge in the in the outdoor kitchen? The manual shows where it is supposed to be, but it isn't there. There are no controls at all either inside or on the outside of the unit. I think the 309BHU uses the same unit.
If it is the same brand fridge as in my trailer, the control is accessed from the rear of the fridge. For my camper there is a little slide up door to remove inside the camper, then you can reach in and turn the knob. The knob is located by the bottom of the fridge right on the back panel, I don't remember which side. You should have some rear access from the bunk area of your trailer.
Wow! So *that* is what that little access panel is for! Man! You really do learn something new every day. I discoverd that access last summer and thought it was maybe there to allow hot/cool air in/out of that compartment. Now I know the real reason. Thanks!
2014 Autumn Ridge 329BHU.
Places we've camped...

mcmahonm

Post by mcmahonm » April 7th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Sorry to hear about your mishap, there is a cedar tree in one of the provincial campgrounds that collected the bug deflector off my truck. Was to busy watching the mirrors and not the front of truck. I was one pissed off guy at myself.

Hope the roof is not damaged to much.
2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 & 2012 Autumn Ridge 278BH
http://files.michaelmcmahon.org/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » April 7th, 2015, 11:12 am

We got back from our annual Easter camping trip yesterday afternoon, and I'm sad to say that operator error caused a major problem :( . We went to Garner State Park in the hill country of central Texas and had a terrific time with the kids and grand kids. The campsites were heavily wooded and presented a challenge backing in without hitting any of the low hanging tree branches. Plenty of shade though. My DW did a great job as a spotter getting me into the campsite without hitting anything. Leaving the campsite was a totally different story. Somehow a low hanging branch hooked the top of the ladder and ripped it out of the roof. The ladder now looks like a twisted pretzel and I have a hole in the roof where it used to be attached. What a way to end a perfect weekend! I can't remember when I've been so upset with myself! Pure operator error! Never assume that if you got into a space without a problem that you can pull out of the space without a problem - lesson learned! What a way to start the season.

I have an appointment to bring our TT to Camping World tomorrow to get the repairs done. I know it's going to be expensive and take a few weeks to get the repair done.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » March 8th, 2015, 6:40 pm

pawpaw wrote:There is no access door in my trailer. However, with the help of a mirror, I found the switch/thermostat. It's located on the lower right rear area of the refrigerator. It's a round knob that's quite easy to reach from the front now that I know where it is. Why the manufacturer put it in such an awkward spot is beyond me.
That is very weird.

I guess their thinking is, once it is adjusted, it can be forgot.

Probably should have been adjusted before installation.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » March 7th, 2015, 10:51 am

There is no access door in my trailer. However, with the help of a mirror, I found the switch/thermostat. It's located on the lower right rear area of the refrigerator. It's a round knob that's quite easy to reach from the front now that I know where it is. Why the manufacturer put it in such an awkward spot is beyond me.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » March 6th, 2015, 12:14 pm

WOW, thank you. I never thought to look at the back of the unit because it's impossible to reach around it. I'll have to look for the access door this weekend.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX