Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
pawpaw

Re: Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Post by pawpaw » February 8th, 2015, 2:35 pm

We finally had a chance to use our new trailer last weekend. Guess what - we had absolutely no problems at all! EVERYTHING worked just as it was supposed to. I kept waiting for something to happen, but it didn't. We had a great experience (unlike the first trip in our previous unit). We stayed fairly close to home just in case of a problem, and I don't regret doing that. Now, Mama and I are planning to do some serious trips. Last year we towed over 6,000 miles. Let the good time begin!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » January 26th, 2015, 2:12 pm

pawpaw wrote:I took a picture of the mounting box so you could see what it looks like, but I get an error message telling me that it's to big to post. Anybody know a way around this problem?

You will have to edit the picture down.

All you have to do is open it in MS paint and then find the "resize" option. I think its under tools. 300 - 400 pixels wide is good enough for the forum.

Resave the image, and then upload again.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » January 25th, 2015, 11:25 am

I took a picture of the mounting box so you could see what it looks like, but I get an error message telling me that it's to big to post. Anybody know a way around this problem?
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » January 24th, 2015, 9:18 pm

tslarson wrote:
tslarson wrote:
I am going to see if mine is pre-wired. I have been thinking it would be great to have a back up camera. There was no mention of it during the purchase or walk through. Is there any visual indication that would indicate that I have the wiring?

Yes, there is a black plastic mounting box installed on the rear of the trailer up at the top. It's above the center running light. I can't figure how to put a picture in this post.
Just looked at a picture of the rear of my trailer, no black box. Searched for additional pictures of 2015 TravelStars and no black box either. On mine it looks like it will be an easy wiring job. Other models, not so much. You would think that if they can include it on all the more basic models, that they could have pre-wired the more deluxe trailers with all the options.
Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

I bought a cadillac that was missing options available on a Chevy of the same year.

That doesn't make sense.

tslarson

Post by tslarson » January 24th, 2015, 7:50 pm

tslarson wrote:
I am going to see if mine is pre-wired. I have been thinking it would be great to have a back up camera. There was no mention of it during the purchase or walk through. Is there any visual indication that would indicate that I have the wiring?

Yes, there is a black plastic mounting box installed on the rear of the trailer up at the top. It's above the center running light. I can't figure how to put a picture in this post.
Just looked at a picture of the rear of my trailer, no black box. Searched for additional pictures of 2015 TravelStars and no black box either. On mine it looks like it will be an easy wiring job. Other models, not so much. You would think that if they can include it on all the more basic models, that they could have pre-wired the more deluxe trailers with all the options.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

camper79

Post by camper79 » January 23rd, 2015, 4:59 am

I think it would be really difficult to back a trailer up using a camera.

Then again, I think its difficult to back a trailer up in general.
2005 Comet 10RT

Old but functional!

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » January 23rd, 2015, 2:41 am

rbrent wrote:
jcarlilesiu wrote:
rbrent wrote:My Launch Ultra Light 24rls came pre-wired and has the mount.

Ahh.. missed the prewired part. I thought it was wireless.
the camera has to be wired to get power to the camera, but the signal to the monitor in the tow vehicle is wireless!
Got you. So it's just basically a 12v power supply. It seems that wouldn't be too difficult to accomplish even if it wasn't pre wired.

rbrent

Post by rbrent » January 23rd, 2015, 12:08 am

jcarlilesiu wrote:
rbrent wrote:My Launch Ultra Light 24rls came pre-wired and has the mount.

Ahh.. missed the prewired part. I thought it was wireless.
the camera has to be wired to get power to the camera, but the signal to the monitor in the tow vehicle is wireless!
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » January 22nd, 2015, 1:11 pm

pawpaw wrote:
tslarson wrote:I am going to see if mine is pre-wired. I have been thinking it would be great to have a back up camera. There was no mention of it during the purchase or walk through. Is there any visual indication that would indicate that I have the wiring?
To add a picture, just click the attachment tab below the reply box and then upload it.

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » January 22nd, 2015, 9:13 am

tslarson wrote:I am going to see if mine is pre-wired. I have been thinking it would be great to have a back up camera. There was no mention of it during the purchase or walk through. Is there any visual indication that would indicate that I have the wiring?
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
Cypress, TX