Boondocking, Draining dishwater...?

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
cattzap

Re: Boondocking, Draining dishwater...?

Post by cattzap » October 19th, 2020, 7:42 pm

It will depend on the park where you are at. Some parks have absolute zero gray water to the ground. Some parks I've been to especially during the hot summer months welcome campers to put out gray hoses going to trees and other planted areas that are hurting for water/rainfall. If your using your outdoor kitchen 5 feet of hose is not a lot. Won't that put you standing in the drain water to use the kitchen? You can catch it in a bucket then decide what to do with it.

kuba122

Re: Boondocking, Draining dishwater...?

Post by kuba122 » October 19th, 2020, 2:25 am

I have drained my gray water on my property. In Boy Scouts we used to do dishes and dump the water, but that was 40 years ago for me. I think it would be ok assuming everything is biodegradable.
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Mesabound

Boondocking, Draining dishwater...?

Post by Mesabound » October 18th, 2020, 11:32 pm

I'm new to RVing, so forgive my ignorance. I have an old Coleman camp kitchen that has a built-in sink basin with a flexible hose that goes about five feet and terminates. I only have a 20 gallon grey water tank, so to reduce the amount I put in it, is it cool to drain the rinse water from washing dishes right into the ground if I use biodegradable soap? I figure it's not any different that an outdoor shower, right? What is the thinking on this?