artic package

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
yoyopops

Re: artic package

Post by yoyopops » March 16th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Thanks for all the great advice it is night time lows, and will be in the 40's during the day and like I said just 3 days max then back in the 50's and 60's. Just bought the TT and excited to get it out for the first time :D thought I may have jumped the gun a little on the de-winterize LOL
Thanks again for the help

pawpaw

Post by pawpaw » March 16th, 2016, 11:25 am

On our unit the artic package includes an enclosed under belly with an outlet for hot air from the furnace to heat the area. I remember reading somewhere that it will protect all the plumbing in the basement down to about 20 degrees F. I would assume that yours would be the same. You can always call Strarcraft to verify.
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

Houston Remodeler

Post by Houston Remodeler » March 16th, 2016, 12:24 am

Are these the nightime lows or daytime temps ?

Its not the water tanks or heater that fail first, its the 1/2" pex lines they ran everywhere.

If its the night time lows, you might skate by but for safety's sake I'd drain the lines. Its quick and easy. Leave the tanks partly full.
2015 24 RLS with some mods
2014 Ram 2500 diesel

yoyopops

artic package

Post by yoyopops » March 15th, 2016, 3:25 pm

My wife and I have recently purchased a Autumn ridge 245ds, had it in storage over the Colorado winter. We got it out of storage the first part of the month and had it de winterized for a trip that we are taking at the end of the month. The TT is set up with the artic package but I am a little worried because there will be a couple of cold days coming up before our trip (mid 20's) I was wondering if anyone knows if the TT will be ok or do I need to plug it in and run the heater and water heater to keep it from freezing? thank you for your thoughts.