Water Heater

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
moallen

Re: Water Heater

Post by moallen » June 8th, 2016, 5:24 pm

Are you sure you have the water heater bypass valve closed? If it's open it will allow cold water in the hot water line. Actually, I leave my bypass valve open a little to lower the hot water temperature. Otherwise, it's way too tricky trying to take a shower without getting scalded.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

pawpaw

Re: Water Heater

Post by pawpaw » June 8th, 2016, 9:27 am

A couple of thoughts:

1) Have you drained the water heater to remove the build up of calcium, etc?
2) If you have used the outside shower, be sure that both the cold and hot water faucets are off, otherwise mixing will occur and the water will never get hot

Good luck!
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX

cobblestone1820

Water Heater

Post by cobblestone1820 » June 7th, 2016, 5:12 pm

We have a 2012 Autumn Ridge with an automatic water heater. It operates on both electric and LP. I turned it to electric power and the water is only luke warm. We don't use that much water as we use the campground showers and are careful when washing dishes. Last year the water was very hot. There is no easy accessable thermastat to change the settings. We are home now and going back to our campsite at the park in 2 weekends. I was debating on trying it in the LP mode to see if it heats the water up sufficiently but was wondering if anyone out there has experienced this or has any suggestions. As usual, thanks in advance.