She's all prettied up again

Discuss Autumn Ridge full-featured, yet affordable, travel trailers.
moallen

Re: She's all prettied up again

Post by moallen » June 19th, 2016, 7:49 pm

I can vouch for Totally Awesome. It's cheap and works great.
2016 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2016 Dodge Ram 4x4, 5.7L V8, 8 speed auto, 3.21 axle ratio

tslarson

Re: She's all prettied up again

Post by tslarson » June 19th, 2016, 3:33 am

It's about time that I tackle the same job. Outside gets washed a few times a year, but it really needs a good detail, especially the awning. I hate the dirt and mildew that collects on it.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

pawpaw

She's all prettied up again

Post by pawpaw » June 18th, 2016, 1:42 pm

I spent the last two days washing and waxing our TT.
The first step was to wash it and get all the road grime off. I just used a regular car wash soap for this step. Next I attacked the dreaded black streaks. I used LA's Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store and it did a fantastic job with very little scrubbing effort. Next step was the wax job. I used Mothers California Gold spray wax - spray on, wipe off. This wax does a pretty good job with much less effort than paste wax. After that I applied 303 to all the plastic & rubber surfaces including the LP tank tank and battery box. Man, it hasn't looked this good since the day I brought it home! The last thing I did was to attack the awning. I used the Totally Awesome again to get rid of the stains - now it looks like new again.
After two days of sweating and downing a few (or maybe more) cold ones, I was patting myself on the back for a job well done!
Now it looks to pretty to take back out on the road and get it all dirty again.............NOT!
Happy camping and Happpy Fathers Day to all you dads out there!
Pawpaw
2015 Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
2014 Sierra 6.2L with max tow pkge
Cypress, TX