Interference on TV when playing DVD, UNTIL I turn on 12v light

Discuss the Travel Star line of trailers, everything you have ever wanted.
stevez

Re: Interference on TV when playing DVD, UNTIL I turn on 12v light

Post by stevez » June 5th, 2019, 1:32 am

Thanks for the great info, kuba122! When I get an opportunity, I'll open up that space and check out the wiring.
2013 Starcraft Travel Star 229TB
2003 Chevrolet Suburban

kuba122

Re: Interference on TV when playing DVD, UNTIL I turn on 12v light

Post by kuba122 » June 4th, 2019, 10:52 am

Sounds like the DVD player doesn’t have a good ground. You’re probably going to have to open up that space to see rhe wiring. The black wire on the DVD should connect to a white RV wire .... you coud also connect the black DVD wire to any metal on your RV (frame metal).
2014 Starcraft AR-One 15RB
2006 Chevrolet Silverado

stevez

Interference on TV when playing DVD, UNTIL I turn on 12v light

Post by stevez » June 3rd, 2019, 12:33 am

Hi All,

First time post here. Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide! We have a 2013 Travel Star 229TB with a "continu-us" brand TV and a "SoundStorm Laboratories" in-dash DVD player, stereo, etc. The TV display is fine when watching broadcasts, but when watching DVD's the display becomes wavy. However, the wavy lines go away if I turn on the 12 volt dome light closest to the DVD player. I would almost expect the interference to occur when turning on the light, but it is actually just the opposite - it goes away when I turn on the light. Any ideas on how to fix? (other than leave the light on :D)

Thanks!

SteveZ
2013 Starcraft Travel Star 229TB
2003 Chevrolet Suburban