Starcraft Warranty

Discuss the Travel Star line of trailers, everything you have ever wanted.
Vionykak

Starcraft Warranty

Post by Vionykak » February 4th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Dont some of the extended warranties promise to refund the money you paid for the warranty if its not used within the warranty period? Maybe not the automotive ones, but definitely the consumer electronic ones.

Greg

Mtkeg15

Re: Starcraft Warranty

Post by Mtkeg15 » July 21st, 2015, 5:25 pm

My experience with customer service-

My SCraft is a 237cks expandable. We keep it at a fair ground out of the elements from October through May. I am beyond meticulous in up keep and waxing.

I use not only high grade waxes but also treat bumper to bumper with 303 aerospace protection. I am to say it again- so damn picky and meticulous.

So- the decals on one side of the TT (the side that gets the sun in our door yard), when I pulled it out of storage- had many air bubbles. Never had these before and never on the older TT or pop-up. I wasn't happy.

I called StarCraft for info and advice. I knew the TT was out of warranty since its 2015! I just asked if there was a recall on the decals or something else in the Lam finish.

The rep I spoke with stated:

" I have a Ford Focus. If I had air bubble on my car I wouldn't call Ford."

After 30 seconds of dead air- I said this is a $27000 StarCraft that you people made and not a Ford Focus. He then asked what can we do about it it's out of warranty! I told him I called for advice- maybe purchasing new decals and finding out if this was a recall. He said there were no recalls and I should call the decal maker.

Keeping my cool I said "how the hell am I suppose to call them when you haven't even told me who your supplier is? Then I through in who supplies your fords decals?!. I told him again I just wanted some guidance and that I didn't appreciate his attempt to shrug off a call.

Long and short- I wrote a complaint to Star Craft and got a reply from an Exec who said the rep meant no insult and he admitted to poor choice in words. Sure.

If you do face air bubbles- a small slit by an exacto knife and push the air out and press the decal down with pressure and it will "bond" again. Problem solved. I actually used an incredibly than/fine hypodermic needle which was provided even less contact with the surface of the decal. No I am not a heroin addict lol!! It's Nice to have a friend in the medical field.

I would buy a StarCraft again- I love our TT and actually like StarCraft.

I called them back when it was in warranty for a small issue and though the rep was polite she was basically useless. I just hope customer service thinks before they Speak in the future.

Sorry for the long draw out post- StarCraft could learn a lot from Amazon.

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » July 18th, 2015, 9:04 pm

I keep hearing about people having issues with lose fittings. You would think that would be something checked before delivery.

Star227cks

Post by Star227cks » July 18th, 2015, 2:03 pm

I picked up my '15 Travel Star 227CKS on 6-13-15, 1st trip out the glued fitting on the toilet water valve leaked, I was in Poconos & dealer in south jersey. I did my best to slow down the water leaking. but have to drive all the way there end of month to get fixed. If they pressure tested instead of running water out of holding tank it should have been caught before delivery. Then hot water heater lines decided to chime in and leak a little but that was fixable. I checed all ines I can get to. oh well vacation in cape code in 4 weeks ingers crossed all goes well.

mcmahonm

Post by mcmahonm » April 12th, 2015, 2:59 pm

Great and glad no wasted trip. Most dealers are good people. Corporate crap makes them do things that are not so nice :)
2013 Chevy Silverado Z71 & 2012 Autumn Ridge 278BH
http://files.michaelmcmahon.org/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 12th, 2015, 1:58 pm

rbrent wrote:Was notified today that they are ordering the part I need and will call when it gets in, Just glad not to have had to make a xtra trip just for the dealer to look at the cracked plastic trim. photo worked fine! :D
Glad the dealer took care of you.

Hopefully you get it all fixed up and ready to roll. Spring is upon us!
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL

rbrent

Post by rbrent » April 12th, 2015, 2:12 am

Was notified today that they are ordering the part I need and will call when it gets in, Just glad not to have had to make a xtra trip just for the dealer to look at the cracked plastic trim. photo worked fine! :D
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

rbrent

Post by rbrent » April 7th, 2015, 11:39 pm

As mcmahonm said call the dealer, I called my dealer to start a warranty repair just by sending them Pictures of my wheel well trim that has cracked over the winter. they will send the pictures into Starcraft to get a response and get one ordered before I take the camper in.
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

tslarson

Post by tslarson » April 7th, 2015, 11:35 pm

I hear your pain, but when we buy major products from manufactures that have dealers around the country, they require the owner to bring the product to the dealer to verify if the repair is covered by the warranty. This goes for automobiles, travel trailers, boats, boat motors, ATV's, snowmobiles, etc... We assume and agree to that burden when the product is purchased. Yes it is a pain, and costs time and money, but it was agreed to at the purchase time. It's not like buying a blender at Target, having it fail, calling the manufacture and having them ship you a new one. My dealer is 75 miles away, two trips there for each service event. Since the warranty is 2 years, I would wait to see if you seam problem gets worse before contacting the dealer. Maybe accumulate a list of other warranty issues that crop up to make the trip more worthwhile. We are bringing our trailer to the dealer for round two of warranty repairs in a few weeks.
2015 Travel Star Galaxy 299BHU (Black Pearl Edition)
2009 Ford F150 CC FX4

jcarlilesiu

Post by jcarlilesiu » April 7th, 2015, 3:07 am

Interesting.

My mattresses have a backing material that is very weak. Just handling or carrying the mattress stresses and nearly rips the material. Never considered a warranty issue.

Good luck with the warranty issue. I haven't had any yet.
2014 Starcraft 16RB - Camper | 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL