Types of Recreational Vehicles

Administrator
Site Admin

Types of Recreational Vehicles

Post by Administrator » January 6th, 2015, 8:13 pm

By Roger Dale Lee | Submitted On January 16, 2009

There seems to be a lot of confusion when using the word RV and what it describes. It is my hope that this simple little article will help in understanding all that the letters RV encapsulate.

First RV is short for Recreational Vehicle. To many, the RV is a motorhome, but while that is true it also covers other types of recreational vehicles. The main categories would be Motorhomes which covers Class A motorhomes, Class C motorhomes, B+ motor homes, and even a couple of other areas such as the toy hauler motor homes, B class motor homes, and Super C's. Then there are the Towables category which represents travel trailers, hybrid travel trailers, toy hauler travel trailers, v-front travel trailers, work and play travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy hauler fifth wheels, low profile fifth wheels, mid-profile fifth wheels, high profile fifth wheels, entry level fifth wheels, luxury fifth wheels, and fold campers also called pop up campers.

As you can tell the letters RV covers a huge arena of products of which I named above. When you add brands and niches to all of the above it becomes a giant and hard to understand and even harder to make a decision on what to purchase. Questions like what type would work best for me? What size would work best? What is the difference between the brands? Do I have the right tow vehicle? I know I want a towable type but should I get a travel trailer or a fifth wheel? Should I get a bunkhouse camper or a mom and pop style? Should I buy a Sandpiper Fifth wheel by Forest River Inc or a Wyoming Fifth wheel by Coachmen? Should I buy a wildwood travel trailer by Forest River Inc or an Autumn Ridge by Starcraft RV?

These are all great questions and we are writing articles almost everyday to add to our article directory. The decision on what type of rv to purchase rest entirely with the individual. Yet to help make that decision here are some things to consider. Do I want to drive my rv or pull it with a tow vehicle. Is it going to be set permanently. If so definitely a Lodge park trailer would best fit this need. One of the best tips I could give is to visit a rv dealer and sit down with a sales consultant and talk your needs through with them or visit a rv dealers web site and look through the product and then e-mail them with questions.

I wish you the best in all your rv adventures. Happy Camping!

Roger Dale Lee is the founder of Newlees Country RV,Inc DBA Lee's Country RV that sells Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels and can be contacted at rogerlee@leescountryrv.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Roger_Dale_Lee